Hi there - I've been surfing the web for unlocked Storm's has anyone bought one and tried it on the AT&T network? If yes - how's that working for you. If I get some good response, I may pursue that idea.
    02-13-09 06:46 PM
    Hi there - I've been surfing the web for unlocked Storm's has anyone bought one and tried it on the AT&T network? If yes - how's that working for you. If I get some good response, I may pursue that idea.
    I have sold hundreds all over US and Europe. Most unlock phones in states are AT&T or T-Mobile. My customers love it. I keep them updated on tips,leaks, and general info.
    02-13-09 07:21 PM
    and that you could be a reliable source if I go that route, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has acquired an unlocked storm and activated it on AT&T any issues.

thanks
    02-13-09 11:53 PM
    I have an unlocked storm and it works fine. I'm just not a fan of the storm, but other than that is all good. You need to add att service books to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 12:03 AM
    A mod over at BBF has a Storm unlocked on AT&T network and he says it works perfectly fine. It just took a little extra work to get the service books to it.
    02-14-09 12:05 AM
    I have a Storm through work and just called VZW to get it unlocked to use on AT&T network. When calling VZW, I told them that I would be traveling out of the country and wanted to use a pre-paid GSM card while on my travels. Immediately was connected to a rep that gave me the unlock code. Tested the device with my AT&T SIM and it did indeed work.

The only issue I have come across with using a 9530 device on AT&T network is that you are unable to utilize 3G, which may be a silly setting to something that I failed to do.

I have a Bold which I love but would also like the variety of using the Storm and maybe, just maybe, grow to love that device as well.
    02-14-09 05:05 PM
    You are not going to get 3G with AT&T with storm. 3G is only on CDMA side of phone, does not have 3G band for GSM
    02-14-09 05:14 PM
    You are not going to get 3G with AT&T with storm. 3G is only on CDMA side of phone, does not have 3G band for GSM
    Is this true? I just purchased and am waiting to receive my unlocked Storm to use on AT&T. I can deal with not having WIFI but I wont even have a 3G internet signal?
    02-14-09 05:24 PM
    Storm does not have 3G band for AT&T. Only 3G on CDMA (VZW)
    02-14-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD