ok well i have the gps working on BB maps... but i cant seem to get the turn by turn directions to work with the map? is this possible... because all i get are turn by turn directions OR the map.. does it not work like vz nav with it giving you directions as it detects your where you need to turn, exit and what not? im a noob to bb maps so be gentle...
    12-10-08 11:53 PM
    Try amazegps. Its a free gps app with voice guided directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 11:55 PM
    BB Maps, like Google Maps does not provide turn by turn directions.

Unfortunately, the apps that do have not updated their code to
    work with the 8330 internal GPS.
    12-10-08 11:56 PM
    booo.. . hopefully they do
    Last edited by xplode; 12-11-08 at 12:14 AM.
    12-11-08 12:03 AM
    booo.. . hopefully they do
    Yeah it's a real bummer. Maybe RIMM will upgrade BlackBerry Maps to accommodate this feature with all the new Storm users wanting to use their GPS :-D
    12-11-08 12:21 AM
    um i hate to say it the only way to get turn by turn is vznav only bb maps is unlocked for vzw
    12-11-08 12:27 AM
    i mean the voice activated thing is cool, i dont see BB maps supporting that.. but atleast text would be nice.. i dont see how following a dot is helpful.. never tells you where your going just a line from start to finish. not very efficient. o well it was fun to play with for an hour tho
    12-11-08 12:30 AM
    While displaying the route on the map in BB Maps you can "Start GPS Navigation" and it will show and follow your current position. You can then see the turns as you approach them. I'm not saying that it's in any way comparable to VZ Navigator (which I have never used), or any other voice-guided turn-by-turn directions, but in a pinch it's better than nothing.
    12-11-08 05:26 PM
    i didnt mean did BB maps have voice activated... i just meant it doesnt update text directions on the "map part" like it will say start off at such and such.. but when you get to that turn it doesnt update the directions again (text wise) and sometimes its hard to see the turns ahead of time is there a perfect setting for this that i should change? like zoom or somthing/
    12-11-08 10:26 PM
    i didnt mean did BB maps have voice activated... i just meant it doesnt update text directions on the "map part" like it will say start off at such and such.. but when you get to that turn it doesnt update the directions again (text wise) and sometimes its hard to see the turns ahead of time is there a perfect setting for this that i should change? like zoom or somthing/
    I don't know of any settings to change to improve things, but it would be nice if the text directions updated according to your current GPS location.
    12-12-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD