This is a 9520, unlocked, and working as a phone on Virgin Media pay as you go.

Recent purchase of month's pacage of inernet stuff worked ok at first but contact with web lost after a couple of days.

Since purchased another one off monthly web pack - didn't work at all.
    Virgin help desk shecked all settings and said I was ok and web was showing as approved.

They suggested trying BB help desk.

Phone has been reset to factory, twice, and software reloaded from backup.

Still no web contact.

Although Wifi is detecting my router and connecting, I get no further with router no ability to connect to pc other than via USB or Bluetooth.

There is NO browser icon on the mobile - nothing set as APN.

I know I'm doing something stupid - but please tell me what?

05-18-12 07:36 AM
    Further to the post I made earlier.

Moved the sim card to a different (non BB) phone and I could then get onto the web from the browser on that phone and the Virgin web sites, etc.

So the Sim card is OK.

How can I get a browser onto the BB 9520?
    05-18-12 10:29 AM
    Do you have a BLACKBERRY specific data plan and not just a generic internet data plan?
    05-18-12 11:44 AM
    Do you have a BLACKBERRY specific data plan and not just a generic internet data plan?
    Hi SB!

How do I check that please?

I have now managed to get this thing going via WiFi.
    Don't know how, yet, but I think it was down to shutting evrything down and then re "optioning" everything.
    At that point a new sms came in from virgin and, this time, i was able to save it and found myself with connection via wifi.

The BB Browser was then downloaded.

Shortly will be trying to get on the web, without using wifi, but i want to enjoy this for a few hours.

05-18-12 01:17 PM
    OK!

Can now get onto the web using WiFi(in the Virgin PAYG setup & with the 5 quid web pack for a month)

Cannot get there using the BB direct - which the 5 quid virgin pack says should work..

There must be a setting wrong, somewhere, in the BB 9520.

Anyone?
    05-19-12 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD