Hi, I just got a unlocked blackberry 8320 and there seems to have many problems...It is unlocked from at&t since it has att logo on it(and I am using att, too, by the way), but whenever i it on/off, t-mobile's logo show up on the screen. Why is that? It's not my biggest confusion, though. I want to use wifi, it can scan available wirelesses but it always fails to connect. The main reason im buying it is that I need the wifi, but now it doesn't work, anyone know how to make it work??
    Thanks so much. I am so confused
    09-19-09 09:52 AM
    Interesting, you appear to have a T-Mobile branded logic board in an AT&T branded case. Clearly, it did not come from your carrier in that condition.

The unlocking procedure will let you use your AT&T SIM card to receive Voice and SMS text messages, but you will not have AT&T Push to Talk features installed You are likley to have T-Mobiles Favorite 5 in it's place. It is possible to correct that when if the need is there.

Wifi can be a challenge to troubleshoot, but there are tools that will help the process.

Use the Wifi Connection Wizard to attempt a connection. If the connection fails:

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

Review the Wifi connection data, if it is successful, you will see a messages confirming that and an IP address. If the connection failed, there will be an connection error message that can help you track down the cause.

Wifi / UMA Error Codes - BlackBerryFAQ
    09-19-09 01:53 PM
    do you have att data package?
    09-20-09 11:24 AM
    do you have att data package?
    I don't. That's what I am wondering. I don't think I have to have a plan to use that (or I'll get charged), so I called the company to block the data service. After that, my phone do connect to a network but if I open the browser it cannot work. why is that?
    09-21-09 04:09 PM
    ya lemme put this right to rest......if you dont hve an att data plan ....no wifi...I know I know it stinks.....anyway wanted to save you from going round and round when its a simple fix.......tmo on the other hand does not cripple wifijust because you dont have a data plan
    09-21-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD