I just got the Blackberry Curve 8330 and a friend of mine was saying that there was a way to unlock the keypad using one of the soft keys or the standby key..is that true? I already have one of the softkeys set to lock the keypad...
    06-23-08 04:53 PM
    * and then the call button is simple enough
    You kind of have to have a 2-button (or more) combo for a key lock to really work though, don't you think? Otherwise it wouldn't do any good if it was in a purse or something because that one unlock button would more than likely get pressed.
    Last edited by brooke03; 06-23-08 at 05:04 PM.
    06-23-08 05:00 PM
    very true..just curious!

Thanks....
    06-23-08 05:11 PM
    You're welcome!
    06-23-08 05:12 PM
    If you hold down the mute button on top, it puts the phone in standby mode and the keyboard wont activate, and you will also receive all notifications.
    06-23-08 06:41 PM
    oh ok perfect..so I can use the standby button as a sort of "quasi" lock/unlock button for the keyboard..thanks!
    06-23-08 08:10 PM
    oh ok perfect..so I can use the standby button as a sort of "quasi" lock/unlock button for the keyboard..thanks!
    I heard someone if you have the keyboard locked and click the trackball it dials 911 or prompts you to dial 911. (Not sure if it's true... someone try it!)
    06-23-08 08:39 PM
    Yes... using the Mute Key is a handy little trick kind of like locking it.

If you have a password on your device, then you need to enter it to unlock... but for the Standby I believe you do not have to. Play around with it and see... most people do not password protect their device, so whatev.

Also, if you still want to lock your Berry traditionally hit Alt-Enter x2 to lock... and the * [Send] unlocks. Note... you have to turn off language support for the first key-shortcut to work... or else it will bring up a language switcher. Go into the options > languages to change this

*EDIT* : This trick must only work with OS 4.2.2 because it will not work now that I have OS 4.5.44... just tried it
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-23-08 at 08:46 PM.
    06-23-08 08:43 PM
    I heard someone if you have the keyboard locked and click the trackball it dials 911 or prompts you to dial 911. (Not sure if it's true... someone try it!)
    That is true... has been with locked Berries since the click wheel days

Makes sense, if you pass out and the other person has no phone... and yours is locked. They can still make an emergency call
    06-23-08 08:44 PM
    That is true... has been with locked Berries since the click wheel days

Makes sense, if you pass out and the other person has no phone... and yours is locked. They can still make an emergency call
    lmao, I could imagine it now.

Person passes out, their friend has no phone so grabs the passed out person's phone and it's locked, oh noes! Stitched to the back of the holster "if my owner is incapacitated and I am locked, push my ball and I'll call for help!"
    06-23-08 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD