Hi, I'm a new Blackberry user and haven't even had a smartphone before so please bear with me. I have 2 questions so put it in the general discussion forum. Also, I don't have my phone yet hence my cluelessness!

1) I have unlimited data plan, which in small print reads as 1gb fair use. Generally is this enough? I will only be using it for emails, BBM, msn, twitter... you know the type. I'm pretty clueless with this.

2) Also... what is blackberry push email? I have a fairly vague idea of what it is, whereby if you get an email a notification pops up almost instantly, but I'm confused past that point.

And also a (probably embarrassingly stupid) question - if I have BB push, but no wifi connection - will it push the email through and use some of my data useage, even if I don't want it to at that particular point? (like if it will tip me over my 1gb or something).

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    11-17-09 02:13 PM
    1GB is plenty, some folks in Canada get by on plans with 500MBs. A heavy user might use 1GB, but it would mean LOTS of BB use and use of streaming apps like music streaming and TV streaming. However even with moderate streaming you should still be ok with 1GB.

Push email, means the BB, which is always (except for outages sometimes and in areas with no cell reception AND no wifi) connected to the RIM servers, get the email as soon as it is received by your BES server (if you have a company BB), carrier email, or gmail accounts. The very second it comes in, you have it available on the BB.

The BB will use wifi and save you data usage when it can, BUT yes when you are in a no wifi area, it WILL use a small amount of data, BUT like I said 1GB is plenty!
    11-17-09 02:23 PM
    Thank you very much! You've answered all my queries
    11-17-09 02:26 PM
    I have my moments. Feel free to PM me (you CAN PM mods before you get 10 posts), or email me, if you have any other questions.

And welcome to Crackberry.com, THE greatest BB site on the planet.
    11-17-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD