Hi All...... I am new to the forum and am looking for some assistance please. I have a strange icon in the same area where you would have a new message notification. This icon is nowhere to be seen in the userguide, but I am sure someone on here knows what it is and how to access or remove it.

The phone I have is a Blackberry Curve 8310 and I am on the Rogers network. The icon is a small square box with a red star in the top left corner and a blue number 1 on the left side of the icon.

Hoping someone can help me out!

Cheers,
    Rob
    03-02-08 12:58 PM
    New message perhaps.
    03-02-08 02:00 PM
    Go to messages, press menu then view folder. Go into each of those folders and see if there is a message in any of them.
    03-02-08 02:51 PM
    Aesome guys... that worked!
    03-02-08 03:04 PM
    sounds like i have the same icon...but checked all the folders for new messages and it is still there. any other ideas?! thanks!
    12-16-08 10:38 PM
    Sounds an awful lot like a new message indicator. The "box" is an envelope and the number 1 indicates the number of new messages waiting to be read.

Check your messages and SMS folder. Even a missed call or voicemail could cause the icon to activate.
    12-16-08 10:48 PM
    sounds like i have the same icon...but checked all the folders for new messages and it is still there. any other ideas?! thanks!
    Check your saved messages folder if you haven't already. There may be one in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD