Love the form factor on the new Atom, but anything from Unihertz is a non-starter for me without a hardware root of trust and signed OS guaranteed by a trustworthy partner.

There are just too many ways to compromise the device, either intentionally or through lack of understanding and testing of the many implementation and configuration choices.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-07-20 10:37 AM
    Love the form factor on the new Atom, but anything from Unihertz is a non-starter for me without a hardware root of trust and signed OS guaranteed by a trustworthy partner.

There are just too many ways to compromise the device, either intentionally or through lack of understanding and testing of the many implementation and configuration choices.

Not like you were gonna switch to it from your ZedTen even if it came from a "trusted" manufacturer.
    02-07-20 10:38 AM
    Not like you were gonna switch to it from your ZedTen even if it came from a "trusted" manufacturer.
    As a daily driver for written communications, no, but I will be looking for a KEYone replacement sometime next year for apps not available on BB10.

For now, my only choice would be an iPod Touch on WiFi only tethered to a mobile hotspot, but I'd be open to something like the Atom.if Samsung made it.

02-07-20 10:58 AM
    As a daily driver for written communications, no, but I will be looking for a KEYone replacement sometime next year for apps not available on BB10.

For now, my only choice would be an iPod Touch on WiFi only tethered to a mobile hotspot, but I'd be open to something like the Atom.if Samsung made it.

Samsung has the S10e which runs circles around your Z10 in every conceivable way (aside from BB10's "magical workflow") but you wouldn't use it as a primary if it were handed to you for free lol
    02-07-20 11:09 AM
    Samsung has the S10e which runs circles around your Z10 in every conceivable way (aside from BB10's "magical workflow") but you wouldn't use it as a primary if it were handed to you for free lol
    The S10e is a modern flagship phone, so obviously it's going to do lots of things better than a seven year old device. But, truthfully, If the S10e would make me even 1% more effective, I'd pay twice its retail price and call it a bargain.

Unfortunately, though it's a great device for its intended purpose, it's dramatically inferior to my Z10 in every way that matters to me.
    -- notification flexibility for Hub accounts and contacts
    -- one-handed account screening
    --clean, monochrome writing interface

All the other things you appear to care about (screen technology, weight, specs, etc.) don't improve the quality or speed of my mobile work at all.

02-07-20 11:29 AM
    I've just signed up for the Atom XL and will get one just for sport. It refers only to the XL but I want the L version only. Can't see a need for the walkie-talkie. For $169 it's not a big gamble and I'm itching for a 4 inch screen again. I'd like to put a custom rom on it however if the thing can be rooted (as the older Atom can).
    02-07-20 11:37 AM
    For $169 it's not a big gamble and I'm itching for a 4 inch screen again.
    I bet you're not looking forward to typing on that 4 inch screen lol
    02-07-20 12:22 PM
    I bet you're not looking forward to typing on that 4 inch screen lol
    I don't really do that much anymore and I have a Z10 which I don't mind typing on so it shouldn't be a big deal. My needs are very basic - email/calls/some limited texting and the occasional web browsing.
    02-07-20 12:29 PM
    Pre-sales are up to 378 units after a month, so world dominance is just around the corner!
    Attached Thumbnails UniHertz's next phone won't have a PKB. :(-world.jpg  
    02-08-20 08:27 AM
    Pre-sales are up to 378 units after a month, so world dominance is just around the corner!
    Shows how little you know about the power of the millions of BB PKB supporters that refuse to be denied.

In just 24 Hours we’re now at 403 units reserved. That’s 25 units so basically one per hour.

I suspect major Android OEMs are beginning to notice and will plan accordingly. Could even be Mint, the carrier, first device ........
    02-08-20 09:19 AM
    I don't believe that.

Glass is innacurate, so it needs more screen surface to make up for it
    Fingers are different.

Used an Iphone SE for some time....had to sell it as I just had to much trouble typing on that darn small keyboard. Yet - this was/is a very successful phone.

Posted from my P'9983
    02-08-20 09:24 AM

Do you consider the email app options on iOS superior to android or is your decision totally based on the smaller form factor?
    02-08-20 09:33 AM
    Do you consider the email app options on iOS superior to android or is your decision totally based on the smaller form factor?
    No, email on iOS is awful for me, but I'd only use the iPod for apps from the app store. I said that, if I had to replace my KEYone today I'd get the iPod, because no matter what I'm still going to use BB10 for email until it stops working.

02-08-20 04:50 PM
    Used an Iphone SE for some time....had to sell it as I just had to much trouble typing on that darn small keyboard. Yet - this was/is a very successful phone.

Posted from my P'9983
    I know right?

It's absolutely horrible to type on a VKB that small, I really don't know how the PKB lost the war so fast when the VKB's at that time were so frustrating to use.
    02-08-20 06:33 PM
    I know right?

It's absolutely horrible to type on a VKB that small, I really don't know how the PKB lost the war so fast when the VKB's at that time were so frustrating to use.
    No worries about spelling and punctuation. I remember the sort of messages you'd get often...puhh

Now there's a new trend - people (mostly women) holding their phones to their mouths and recording 15min audio messages...in public. Poor message receivers.
    02-09-20 01:40 AM
    No worries about spelling and punctuation. I remember the sort of messages you'd get often...puhh

Now there's a new trend - people (mostly women) holding their phones to their mouths and recording 15min audio messages...in public. Poor message receivers.
    So much for privacy nowadays, reckon young people just don't care or realise.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-09-20 03:19 AM
    Dammit, we're really getting left behind

https://www.pcmag.com/news/unihertz-...ged-smartphone
    It’s probably your fault, they saw your review of the Titan and killed the Titan 2 project.

Nice one, Boon. Ruined it for everybody!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-09-20 07:30 AM
    I know right?

I find it's horrible to type on the iOS PKB on a small (or large) screen.

I could probably manage an even smaller screen than my Z10 with the BlackBerry PKB. I have relatively large thumbs but it's quite accurate for me.

02-09-20 07:44 AM
    It’s probably your fault, they saw your review of the Titan and killed the Titan 2 project.

Nice one, Boon. Ruined it for everybody!
    Stoppp

Lol I actually removed my post on Reddit and had the title of my thread here edited as soon as I heard they pushed out the fix.

I can't possibly have done more damage than Whiney Lewie's "Do NOT Buy the KEY2" video which got close to 3M views
    02-09-20 08:28 AM
    Stoppp

Lol I actually removed my post on Reddit and had the title of my thread here edited as soon as I heard they pushed out the fix.

I can't possibly have done more damage than Whiney Lewie's "Do NOT Buy the KEY2" video which got close to 3M views
    You are diabolical, Boon! Lol
    02-09-20 09:21 AM
    Buying a Titan today, not a bad looking device for under $350. Have to give it a shot and see if I like it.
    04-04-20 07:16 AM
    Buying a Titan today, not a bad looking device for under $350. Have to give it a shot and see if I like it.
    Hope you like it, I love mine...
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-04-20 10:01 AM
    Yup! I've had my Titan for a week or so and am liking it more and more. I finally got the BlackBerry keyboard setup with shortcuts and all is well. The battery lasts 2 days easily with heavy use (still Wi-Fi only) and is awesome for me so far.

I'm actually carrying 4 phones around the house lol! The Titan in one pocket and the other 3 in the other for correct balance/posture lol.

Unihertz Titan
    Galaxy Note 8
    iPhone Xs
    BlackBerry Classic

The Titan is the one that I seem to use the most.
    Grungni, moosbb and Tsepz_GP like this.
    04-04-20 05:19 PM
    Yup! I've had my Titan for a week or so and am liking it more and more. I finally got the BlackBerry keyboard setup with shortcuts and all is well. The battery lasts 2 days easily with heavy use (still Wi-Fi only) and is awesome for me so far.

I'm actually carrying 4 phones around the house lol! The Titan in one pocket and the other 3 in the other for correct balance/posture lol.

Unihertz Titan
    Galaxy Note 8
    iPhone Xs
    BlackBerry Classic

The Titan is the one that I seem to use the most.
    That is insane, the Note8 and Titan alone are pretty hefty phones compared to most, and yet you have 2 more phones on top of that that you are lugging around? Madness

Enjoy em’ all though!
    05-23-20 07:22 AM
    Think they need to evaluate Titan sales over time before knowing if there is money to be made.
    I've been trying to find some sales numbers. I would think that if they were good, or great, there would be some information on that. But try as some folks may, the physical keyboard is inexorably going the way of the dodo. There hasn't been a truly successful Android device with one since the old G1. I still remember all of the threads back in the day of devices like the Palm Pre (not Android) , the Motorola Admiral, and so many others that were rampant on speculation as BB slowly relegated itself into relative anonymity in the device world.

This is not to say they're bad things at all, just that the PKB just doesn't warrant the attention of a relative minority of users. Thusly, it won't have a thriving aftermarket, support, or much of anything that counts in a numbers game.
    05-23-20 05:34 PM
63 123