I've been trying to find some sales numbers. I would think that if they were good, or great, there would be some information on that. But try as some folks may, the physical keyboard is inexorably going the way of the dodo. There hasn't been a truly successful Android device with one since the old G1. I still remember all of the threads back in the day of devices like the Palm Pre (not Android) , the Motorola Admiral, and so many others that were rampant on speculation as BB slowly relegated itself into relative anonymity in the device world.

This is not to say they're bad things at all, just that the PKB just doesn't warrant the attention of a relative minority of users. Thusly, it won't have a thriving aftermarket, support, or much of anything that counts in a numbers game.
    Sales are between 5k and 5.5k.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-23-20 05:51 PM
    Thanks, conite, that's probably why I was having a hard time finding a number. When you're competing against devices that sell more than that in an hour at times it's no wonder.
    05-23-20 07:41 PM
    Thanks, conite, that's probably why I was having a hard time finding a number. When you're competing against devices that sell more than that in an hour at times it's no wonder.
    I wonder if the Titan 2 or whatever the next planned with PKB hardware is even going to happen. I expect a Titan 2 would sell at best only 1/2 what original Titan sold. I think some bought at the intro price just to flip NIB to other fans.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-24-20 08:58 AM
    Dammit, we're really getting left behind

https://www.pcmag.com/news/unihertz-...ged-smartphone
    Just doing a boon check.....

You alright down there???!!???

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-24-20 09:14 AM
    ...pent up demand...
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-24-20 04:45 PM
    I wonder if the Titan 2 or whatever the next planned with PKB hardware is even going to happen. I expect a Titan 2 would sell at best only 1/2 what original Titan sold. I think some bought at the intro price just to flip NIB to other fans.

Posted via CB10
    Until the KEY devices can't be found.... I really can't see a new PKB phone like that getting much attention.
    05-26-20 08:55 AM
    for the outdoor 4x4 community I can see why it might be popular. I like the look of this for that reason.
    06-23-20 04:28 AM
    for the outdoor 4x4 community I can see why it might be popular. I like the look of this for that reason.
    If you need a rugged phone... isn't a case that can be changed a better option?

I taught Samsung had given up on making the "Active" phones... but then they went overboard and did the Galaxy XCover FieldPro.

As a consumer the S20 would be a much better and cheaper solution, even with an extra $100 for the life proof case. Too the hardware on the XCover is "older".... only USB 2.0, no WiFi 6, CAT 11 vs CAT 20 modem, way inferior display, along with less Ram, less Storage and older processor...

But it is MIL-STD-810 certified.... something I doubt Unihertz could even afford testing for. In the end, government will buy it by the.... thousands?
    06-23-20 08:55 AM
    I think the attraction for BlackBerry personality types is the fact that it is not mainstream. And the fact that it is Chinese won't deter many here as we use the TCL phones with the BlackBerry badge on.
    06-24-20 05:47 AM
    I think the attraction for BlackBerry personality types is the fact that it is not mainstream. And the fact that it is Chinese won't deter many here as we use the TCL phones with the BlackBerry badge on.
    Depends... many BlackBerry users actually did care about security, they won't touch some hobby phone that has known privacy issues, because they know there could be a lot more unknown things going on. And as a non-mainstream phone, you won't have any security researchers even looking at it.
    06-24-20 07:14 AM
    TCL is Chinese, but the OS was signed by BlackBerry and injected on the plant floor via a direct link with Waterloo.

BlackBerry also vetted TCL, and the final devices.
    06-24-20 07:36 AM
    Depends... many BlackBerry users actually did care about security, they won't touch some hobby phone that has known privacy issues, because they know there could be a lot more unknown things going on. And as a non-mainstream phone, you won't have any security researchers even looking at it.
    I dunno - I think lots on here would buy and use a turd if it had a keyboard on it, lol. Man, I'm going to get hit for that!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-24-20 11:15 AM
    I dunno - I think lots on here would buy and use a turd if it had a keyboard on it, lol. Man, I'm going to get hit for that!
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-24-20 11:24 AM
63 123