Dammit, we're really getting left behind

https://www.pcmag.com/news/unihertz-...ged-smartphone
    cribble2k likes this.
    02-06-20 11:12 AM
    its already been known it was another atom type device. Not a surprise.
    02-06-20 11:20 AM
    Think they need to evaluate Titan sales over time before knowing if there is money to be made.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    02-06-20 11:25 AM
    Think they need to evaluate Titan sales over time before knowing if there is money to be made.
    I'm not even sure how their first devices (Atom and Jelly) sold well because typing on a glass keyboard that small is basically impossible.

I guess "voice to text" came quite in handy there
    02-06-20 11:28 AM
    its already been known it was another atom type device. Not a surprise.
    What? They just announced it like...yesterday
    02-06-20 11:28 AM
    I'm not even sure how their first devices (Atom and Jelly) sold well because typing on a glass keyboard that small is basically impossible.

They both out-sold the Titan 2:1 during the kickstarter phase.
    Last edited by conite; 02-06-20 at 12:42 PM.
    diggs007 likes this.
    02-06-20 11:29 AM
    And there is a thread about it from two days ago....
    02-06-20 11:29 AM
    They both old-sold the Titan 2:1 during the kickstarter phase.
    That's actually not too bad of a ratio, considering the fact that outside of UniHertzland, PKB devices are outsold like 1,000,000:1
    02-06-20 11:30 AM
    Nah, somebody complained in another thread about my saying it resembled a rectal horse thermometer...
    02-06-20 01:18 PM
    https://liliputing.com/2020/01/unihe...-feb-25th.html

from 1.5 weeks ago even. The new device has been rumored even before that
    02-06-20 04:18 PM

I used the original Atom for all of 2019 before getting a Key2LE a few weeks ago. Typing on the Atom is entirely doable. It's a great little device for someone that just wants basic communication with full smartphone functionality, but also doesn't want to be lured to be constantly on their device. It is also a great little device to pocket during runs, for just in case.
    02-06-20 09:51 PM
    Typing on the Atom is entirely doable.
    I don't believe that.

Glass is innacurate, so it needs more screen surface to make up for it
    givechanceachance likes this.
    02-06-20 10:06 PM
    I don't believe that.

Glass is innacurate, so it needs more screen surface to make up for it
    Believe what you want. I did it for a year.
    02-06-20 10:07 PM
    Believe what you want. I did it for a year.
    Lol you had that tiny slab as your primary device with your Sim card in it for a year?
    02-06-20 10:12 PM
    Lol you had that tiny slab as your primary device with your Sim card in it for a year?
    I did! It actually was quite good. I was able to make phone calls, text, use all apps that I needed. It also really cut down on how often I checked my emails. The little device added so much friction to using it, that I wouldn't even bother using it at times. The camera was pretty decent. As a father of a toddler it was perfect to take pictures, but to also not be glued to the phone when I should be paying attention to my little one. I switched over to the LE because I missed the physical keyboard, and also I really like the call quality much better here.
    02-06-20 10:29 PM
    I did! It actually was quite good. I was able to make phone calls, text, use all apps that I needed. It also really cut down on how often I checked my emails. The little device added so much friction to using it, that I wouldn't even bother using it at times. The camera was pretty decent. As a father of a toddler it was perfect to take pictures, but to also not be glued to the phone when I should be paying attention to my little one. I switched over to the LE because I missed the physical keyboard, and also I really like the call quality much better here.
    You couldn't pay me to type on a tiny slab like that for a week, let alone a full year.

Let me guess, Gboard with swiping? There's no way you actually pecked at those tiny glass keys
    02-07-20 06:21 AM
    SwiftKey!
    02-07-20 06:27 AM
    You couldn't pay me to type on a tiny slab like that for a week, let alone a full year.

Let me guess, Gboard with swiping? There's no way you actually pecked at those tiny glass keys
    Attached Thumbnails UniHertz's next phone won't have a PKB. :(-img_20200207_0628045.jpg  
    johnb_xp likes this.
    02-07-20 07:29 AM
    johnb_xp likes this.
    02-07-20 07:37 AM
    Not sure why the picture uploaded sideways
    02-07-20 07:38 AM
    https://liliputing.com/2020/01/unihe...-feb-25th.html

from 1.5 weeks ago even. The new device has been rumored even before that
    6 months ago they sent out some teasers about the new device.
    02-07-20 07:59 AM
    Dammit, we're really getting left behind

https://www.pcmag.com/news/unihertz-...ged-smartphone
    No need to worry. They were designing this thing before they released the Titan. It only makes sense that they would release another Atom model if the previous was profitable. If the Titan proves profitable they probably will release another PKB phone.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-07-20 09:21 AM
    No need to worry. They were designing this thing before they released the Titan. It only makes sense that they would release another Atom model if the previous was profitable. If the Titan proves profitable they probably will release another PKB phone.
    Pre-sales are up to 378 units after a month, so world dominance is just around the corner!
    02-07-20 09:32 AM
    Pre-sales are up to 378 units after a month, so world dominance is just around the corner!
    Yeah everyone was waiting for reviews by real users, now everyone is waiting for Amazon to offer it....
    02-07-20 10:09 AM
    No one is claiming any kind of "world dominance"

Just enough sales for UniHertz to make another PKB phone. Hopefully not one that weighs 303g and one more inspired by the Classic than the Passport.
    Also it's reasonable to think that they would learn from the Titan's PKB's shortcomings and try to improve it on the next device.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    02-07-20 10:27 AM
63 123