It worked great when I did an automatic upgrade to AT&T's official 4.5 OS. Flawless. That's the only good thing about it thus far.

I tried to install BB Maps yesterday, just to see whether it were still disabled by AT&T, and instead of simply installing the app it did a full OS re-install. Very aggravating (and yes, if I'd been paying attention I could have canceled before it started but I wasn't expecting that to happen and so wasn't alert enough). Today I wanted to install a small .alx I'd found, and tried to use DM to do so. Same thing, only this time I saw it was queuing up a full OS re-install so canceled in time.

I deleted 4.7 and re-installed 4.6, then tried the .alx install again: perfect.

Color me unimpressed with 4.7.
    12-16-08 08:22 AM
    The same thing happened to me once n I was mad because I always delete the cod files that hold the themes on my BB. Then whenever I connected my device to the computer it made me reinstall the 4.5 OS in order to install new applications.

However, I found that after suffering through this once or twice, it has not yet requested to reinstall the 4.5 os, despite the numerous connections since then.
    12-20-08 01:53 AM
    Spinny, there have been many issues posted about DM 4.7 and
    most resolved them your way by going back to 4.6. Seems it just
    isn't ready for primetime yet.

I got rid of it it because it was constantly asking me to install
    core apps that did not need to be.
    12-20-08 01:56 AM
    I'm still using the leaked version and not having any problems with it at all. No problems doing backups, media syncing, or upgrading OS's for my bold, 8800 and pearl. Guess I'm just lucky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 01:58 AM
    I'm still running the old 4.3 DM, while loading the 4.5 OS, and it allowed me to load Blackberry Maps (I see it on my applications under options), but no icon to be found on my home screen. Had to remove it and reinstall GoogleMaps.

Is there any benefit of me loading the 4.6 DM?
    12-20-08 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD