I've read a few posts that have mentioned the 'laggy' camera in BB10. Not having access to a device device I can't comment but knowing how bad the 9900 camera is, it's concerning that there are claims that the bb10 camera is subpar. Can any that has used a bb10 device comment?

Article: Five Things BlackBerry 10 Needs to Beat Apple's iPhone
    01-13-13 03:13 PM
    its a dev alpha device, they are not final the lag that is reported is not a for sure thing when it comes to the actual release.

people need to chill out and take things they read with a grain of salt, or actually do research on what is actually being looked at before had. if the problems are then come release then it may be somethign to be concerned about, but the dev alpha units and software are just for developers to have the fundementals they need to create apps
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-13-13 03:33 PM
    It's not going to be laggy. My 9900 camera is not laggy, my qnx playbook camera is not laggy. A brand new device from the same company won't be laggy
    01-13-13 03:36 PM
    I've never had any lag issues with BlackBerry cameras either. Yes, the 9900 has the drawback of no AF, but that has nothing to do with lag - my friend's 9900 has never had any camera lag. I really doubt we're going to see any lag on the final devices, it's likely just a minor kink with the pre-production software/hardware.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-13-13 03:39 PM
    lol I'll take my advice and product review from actual devs not people who tested a phone for 10 minutes thank you.Devs have had it for months their analysis is far superior than ten minute play where there's pressure from a line that rushes you to use a product quickly a beta at that.

Who the **** is bezinga??? When did they test out the device?? where's their article for it?? These guys just copying and pasting off other articles making up there own conclusions.There's only 1 article talking about camera lag and again they used a dev device for limited amount of minutes.

I'll take what devs say here ones taking videos,camera shots and done the study.I dont think anyones gonna beat nokia's camera those guys invest heavily in that feature their whole presenatation was more or less on the camera.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-13-13 at 05:45 PM.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-13-13 04:05 PM
    Having tested the camera on the dev alpha, the only part that is laggy and glitch is the time shift camera. The regular camera and video camera work fine, but RIM usually tries to demo the time shift camera when speaking with the press. Hopefully the main bugs will be all worked out by launch!
    01-13-13 04:05 PM
    lol I'll take my advice and product review from actual devs not people who tested a phone for 10 minutes thank you.Devs have had it for months their analysis is far superior than ten minute play where there's pressure froma line to use and you rush use a product a beta at that.

Who the **** is bezinga??? When did they test out the device?? where's tehir article for it?? These guys just copying and pasting off other articles making up there own conclusions.There's only 1 article talking about camera lag and again they used it a dev device for limited amount of minutes.

I idnt see anylag talk frm gdgetmaster doing video recording test.I'll take what devs say here the ones that have taken videos,camera shots and aperture tests.I dont think anyones gonna beat nokia's camera those guys invest heavily in that feature dont these guys own camera companys?? Their whole lumia presenatation was more or less all on the camera.
    Long as it takes decent pics im cool real cameras always win.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-13-13 04:08 PM
    We pretty much know that BlackBerry 10 will have the neat Timeshift feature but that the camera it's self won't really wow anyone. RIM is not known for good cameras, they are known for entirely adequate cameras that get the job done but aren't even in contention against the top 10 camera phones on the market and that does not look to be changing. Maybe the Aristo will have a really good camera module in it, but anyone expecting to be blown away by the camera on a Z10 or X10 is going to be disappointed. I don't think this will be a deal breaker for current BlackBery customers because the camera on the two launch devices will be the best ever on a BlackBerry, but it may be an issue to people thinking of switching to BlackBerry from Android, or a high end Nokia Symbian.
    01-13-13 05:25 PM
    The CAMERA itself is excellent. It's the Time-Shift feature that's laggy. As others have pointed out here, the Dev Alphas don't represent final hardware, and I'm sure the software will have seen significant tweaking by release.
    01-13-13 05:42 PM
    I prefer to have a laggy camera than a faulty GPS.. Sorry, I had to take a punch at Apple.
    Jake Storm and G-bone like this.
    01-13-13 06:52 PM
    The CAMERA itself is excellent. It's the Time-Shift feature that's laggy. As others have pointed out here, the Dev Alphas don't represent final hardware, and I'm sure the software will have seen significant tweaking by release.
    I'm hoping that rumored extra RAM may solve some of these problems. And I'm sure the finalized software will be great. I'm honestly not worried about it being laggy.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-13-13 06:54 PM
    I prefer to have a laggy camera than a faulty GPS.. Sorry, I had to take a punch at Apple.
    My understanding is that the apple GPS is fine. Its the maps software that is the problem.
    seluje likes this.
    01-13-13 06:55 PM
    My understanding is that the apple GPS is fine. Its the maps software that is the problem.
    OK you got me, I was wrong on the GPS.
    01-13-13 07:01 PM
    Does the BB10 camera have auto focus, similar to that of the Iphone? My 9900 camera has quite poor performance in this area.
    01-13-13 07:17 PM
    yes BB10 has auto focus and there is a great walk through on youtube of BB10 dev vs iphone and according to video BB10 is better in most aspects

R.S.B
    01-13-13 07:34 PM
    According to BlackBerry Leaks, it has been fixed:

BlackBerry Leaks ‏@BlackberryScoop

@braats_ca no, that was the first prototype hardware months ago, but has been fixed since
    Hide conversation
    01-13-13 07:48 PM
    I've read a few posts that have mentioned the 'laggy' camera in BB10. Not having access to a device device I can't comment but knowing how bad the 9900 camera is, it's concerning that there are claims that the bb10 camera is subpar. Can any that has used a bb10 device comment?

Article: Five Things BlackBerry 10 Needs to Beat Apple's iPhone
    I have the 9930 and I have no problems with the camera, and the camera's on the PB work great (would be even greater with a flash), have no doubt about BB10
    G-bone likes this.
    01-13-13 07:51 PM

Who the **** is bezinga???
    Isn't that what Sheldon Cooper says when he plays a trick on someone?! Maybe that's what's going on here.
    01-13-13 07:51 PM
    The camera on the newest update of the dev alpha feels much smoother (not to mention that the overall speed of the entire OS is phenomenal now).
    01-13-13 07:54 PM
    Excellent by Blackberry standards or excellent by high end camera phone standards? What other camera phones have you used to compare it to? I know we may see some changes between the Dev Alphas and the final BB 10 hardware but I doubt that RIM is going to suddenly become a top contender in camera phones. I'm sure it will be decent, don't get me wrong, I just don't expect it to even be on the top 10 list for best camera phones on the market.
    01-13-13 07:57 PM
    I like phenomenal.....such an uplifting term.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-13-13 07:59 PM
    I think the first time anyone of us have heard that the camera was laggy was from one reviewer after the private showings at CES. Now its everywhere!?
    G-bone likes this.
    01-13-13 08:03 PM
    I don't get why RIM can't aspire to be in the top 10 of best phone cameras.....people would flock to them in droves if they produced a quality device which could contend with the best out there...

this is their ONE shot...and they need to knock this one clear out of the ball park the very first time....I fear they won't have time for updates or patches...
    01-15-13 03:44 PM
    Excellent by Blackberry standards or excellent by high end camera phone standards? What other camera phones have you used to compare it to? I know we may see some changes between the Dev Alphas and the final BB 10 hardware but I doubt that RIM is going to suddenly become a top contender in camera phones. I'm sure it will be decent, don't get me wrong, I just don't expect it to even be on the top 10 list for best camera phones on the market.
    It is an excellent camera phone. I'll give the Nokia PureView's a nod over them, but I'd say the image quality I've seen from the Dev Alpha ranks up there with the iPhone 5.

That said, the Dev Alpha's don't have final hardware. I would expect the camera on the release phones to be even better.
    01-15-13 04:09 PM
    Does the BB10 camera have auto focus, similar to that of the Iphone? My 9900 camera has quite poor performance in this area.
    They gave the 9900 an EDOF camera, which stands for "Extended Depth Of Field". In theory, an EDOF camera doesn't NEED to focus. In practice, I'd say you're fine if you're shooting at a range of 5 feet or more.

Doubtless, this was a compromise that RIM decided was acceptable for the sake of making the 9900/9930 as thin as it is. Personally, I don't mind the snapshots I get from my 9900, but I'll admit that it's hardly the best camera ever put in a cellphone.

Where the EDOF camera REALLY becomes an irritant is when trying to scan barcodes or take pictures of text. It's just awful for those applications.
    01-15-13 04:12 PM
47 12