Hi
    I went into my local Currys Electronics store at the weekend with a view to buying a 16GB Playbook.
    I was finding my way the around the device and was also able to pair it to my 9860 and try out the remote control feature too.

While having a play, this young assistant came over who was the supposed "Blackberry Expert" in the store and he told me that the device was changing in a couple of months to an Android device!!!! Well, my response was "Really??" and then he started going off about how it was changing to Android but keeping the Blackberry name.
    I couldnt resist raining on his parade and asking him about BB10 - he didnt know what to say!!

Thought you might enjoy that
    Kingkracker likes this.
    03-19-12 08:46 AM
    Sounds like your local Curry's needs a new Blackberry expert. The one they have, has gone to the dark side.
    03-19-12 01:38 PM
    That sales assistant was the store's BlackBerry misinformation expert
    03-19-12 04:01 PM
    And I noticed OP lives in the UK. Man, I wish they would fire him so one of us could get his job and do it well.
    03-19-12 06:37 PM
    Currys! What else did you expect.

Surprised you even entered the door in the first place.
    03-19-12 06:40 PM
    That sales assistant was the store's BlackBerry misinformation expert
    Oh, kinda like the Iraqi Minister of Information during Gulf War I? While the coalition military rolled towards the airport the Iraqi Minister of Information was claiming the Iraqi military was stopping the invaders at the ocean's edge.
    03-19-12 08:39 PM
    Currys!
    Surprised you even entered the door in the first place.
    Sounds like an Indian restaurant.
    03-19-12 08:41 PM
    The "uneducated" prefix not necessary. I happily discount all of their knowledge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 09:17 PM
    this is sad....but it happens
    03-20-12 10:25 AM
    Oh, kinda like the Iraqi Minister of Information during Gulf War I? While the coalition military rolled towards the airport the Iraqi Minister of Information was claiming the Iraqi military was stopping the invaders at the ocean's edge.
    Baghdad Bob!! He Rocked!!!
    03-20-12 02:56 PM
    I bought a bike at Curry's in 1971 and the salesman knew nothing about it, it seems nothing has changed. Do they still specialize in buy now pay later schemes?
    03-20-12 03:09 PM
    Sounds like an Indian restaurant.
    It might as well be, they certainly no nothing about electronic equipment. But the do cook up very bad "egg stended warrantys"
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 03-20-12 at 04:12 PM.
    stick_slinger likes this.
    03-20-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD