I'm yet to download one apk app, BlackBerry world has been sufficient for me. The apps that many seem to want for me are useless. I could understand that the lack of banking or productivity apps are a pain but we need to pester our financial institutions etc to get going with those apps! I won't use Android banking apps as I have had issues with them!

Posted via CB10
    People here on CB tried pestering Netflix last year to make an app. A year later, there still is no Netflix app, so I'm not convinced that pestering companies works.

Actually, my time is too limited to spend it on campaigns pestering companies, so I used my time wisely to install Snap, and get the must have apps that I need.
    phoneaddict78 likes this.
    02-09-14 07:52 PM
    People here on CB tried pestering Netflix last year to make an app. A year later, there still is no Netflix app, so I'm not convinced that pestering companies works.

Actually, my time is too limited to spend it on campaigns pestering companies, so I used my time wisely to install Snap, and get the must have apps that I need.
    Good point. Devs won't develop for BB10. Why? Simply because the growth and the user base isn't there. And that leads to another point: it's BlackBerry's job to get developers on board, not ours.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    02-09-14 07:58 PM
    I ended up using snap to download a few apps" - Google Maps, Chase & Bank of America for when I'm in the US. Netflix, which I watch occasionally when I'm on the train. Starbucks, etc.

For me, I really don't see what the fuss is about. Just having the option of using those apps has greatly enhanced my phone experience.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    02-09-14 07:59 PM
    I have a few apps that I utilize - daily.....and the rest are just there to use once in a while. Most are Apks I've loaded thru Snap. I'm of the opinion that apps are needed- just not for everyone.
    02-09-14 08:06 PM
    Yep, so far app gap issue is with bank apps,as many stated here. Currently I'm just going on their website (my banks). I have installed several most popular Android apps via Snap, but I don't use any of them, I just keep them ready in case I need to use them but haven't needed to yet lol Totally underwhelming. I check the top apps on iTunes every week and check them out via youtube reviews, and I don't find any that I MUST have or Don't already have on my phone. I guess the bad news is that this wasn't available when the BB10 platform came out and it was a big deal breaker which probably hurt sales from the get go. Now people have other phones. But anyway, next phone will be a Z30 likely, loving my Z10.
    02-09-14 09:03 PM
    Lol people have been trying to say from the beginning, the 'app gap' was a much smaller issue than it was made out to be

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    LOL....try telling that to someone using an iPhone or an Android and thinking of switching to a Blackberry...LOL
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-09-14 09:23 PM
    Wanting is sometimes a larger anticipated thrill than having. I thought the exact same thing as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:36 PM
    I was missing 2 banking apps, one payment app and an app to display the program of my favourite TV stations. None of these apps I could find as native versions in BB world, so I'm very happy to have them as Android apps now.
    And, having access to these apps is important from a psychological & marketing perspective.
    Hm. Did I say marketing? Oh well...
    Bingo!
    02-09-14 10:11 PM
    Do you guys have an actual Google maps app that works on 10.2.0?
    Not Navigator but just plain Google maps.

Posted from Z30STA100-3 on AT&T
    02-09-14 10:17 PM
    Why do some people consider banking apps to be the most wanted? Really? More than Netflix, Skype or Instagram?

Posted via the Diva's BlackBerry Z10.
    02-09-14 10:30 PM

I'm in a very small minority here, and I understand that.
    And we love you all the same for it

LP&HG
    02-09-14 10:43 PM
    the whole app gap thing was an excuse to make blackberry seem inferior. in reality we had all the apps we needed in app world. Sure you might see a few that you couldnt get but how may weather, notepad and messaging apps does one really need. After facebook, twitter and maybe linkedin and instagram. What is left that is actually a must have? Netflix, not really dont watch movies on my cellphone anyway. pinterest, snapchat, and all this other garbage it just doesnt mean much. So yes now you have the choice to upload some android apps but throwing on the android version of angry birds doesnt do anything for me. Al l in all we have been snowed by the supposed experts. Blackberry was always more capable then it was made out to be we just didnt know it.
    02-09-14 10:53 PM
    Why do some people consider banking apps to be the most wanted? Really? More than Netflix, Skype or Instagram?

You never banked on mobile? Deposit checks without having to go to bank?
    Do you find taking pictures of random things and applying filters more important?

02-09-14 11:04 PM
    You never banked on mobile? Deposit checks without having to go to bank?
    Do you find taking pictures of random things and applying filters more important?

Actually, I do not want to do my banking on my phone.

I don't take pictures of random things or use filters. What ridiculous questions.

02-09-14 11:09 PM
    I use mobile DVR for business and gmaps and SHAZAM thats it.

now that snapchat, insta, VINE, have native bb10 versions.

snap2chat
    igrann
    whine
    02-09-14 11:11 PM
    the whole app gap thing was an excuse to make blackberry seem inferior. in reality we had all the apps we needed in app world. Sure you might see a few that you couldnt get but how may weather, notepad and messaging apps does one really need. After facebook, twitter and maybe linkedin and instagram. What is left that is actually a must have? Netflix, not really dont watch movies on my cellphone anyway. pinterest, snapchat, and all this other garbage it just doesnt mean much. So yes now you have the choice to upload some android apps but throwing on the android version of angry birds doesnt do anything for me. Al l in all we have been snowed by the supposed experts. Blackberry was always more capable then it was made out to be we just didnt know it.
    Wow, I am stunned. You must be joking if you believe that all the needed apps can be found in App World.

JeepBB and DINGSTER1 like this.
    02-09-14 11:12 PM

bb10 skype just got a nice update. native one works great now.
    02-09-14 11:12 PM
    Oh, okay. I've never used Skype, so I didn't know.

02-09-14 11:19 PM
    Yeah but it is still and Android port, so I wouldn't use it and an anti-Android example, just a newer version for the newer runtime.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:38 PM
    App gap was just an excuse to sh!t on bb

Especially with igrann and other 3rd party apps now.

My brother wanted instagtam and vine for the longest time on his q10. Even after I setup snap for him he is using whine and igrann.

He downloaded candy crush and flappy bird, that's it.

I downloaded Netflix (which I never plan on using) and flappy bird (to see what all the rage was about). I played flappy bird once and it's a stripped down difficult jet pack joyride, deleted it. I also got candy crush, but after playing for 5 mins I see it is pretty much bejeweled, which I have already.

I always said that the app gap wasn't as big as people made it out to be. It is great to have the apk install as a function, and it shows the power of bb10... but I personally think, for me, the best part of the new OS was the custom settings drop down lol. I've used that far more than the android apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:48 PM
    Actually, I do not want to do my banking on my phone.
    I don't take pictures of random things or use filters. What ridiculous questions.
    You asked why. I told you why. What's ridiculous? Your question wasn't but mine was?

Oh, okay. I've never used Skype, so I didn't know.

So you never used skype but you still like to use it in your question? You also don't take pictures but you feel Instagram is more required?

Bottom line is banking apps are really important.
    If you never work with checks or need to do any banking on your app, that's your personal preference but once again you asked "Why do some people consider banking apps to be the most wanted? " and I wanted to explain to you why. Nothing ridiculous about that.
    02-09-14 11:55 PM
    You asked why. I told you why. What's ridiculous? Your question wasn't but mine was?

So you never used skype but you still like to use it in your question? You also don't take pictures but you feel Instagram is more required?

Bottom line is banking apps are really important.
    If you never work with checks or need to do any banking on your app, that's your personal preference but once again you asked "Why do some people consider banking apps to be the most wanted? " and I wanted to explain to you why. Nothing ridiculous about that.
    I use Instagram without taking pictures of random things and without using filters. It's ridiculous for you to ask that, as if that's what everyone on IG does. I might not need Skype, but I know many on CB do want it.

I can manage my banking perfectly fine from my PC, so I do not need to use my phone.

Not everyone shares your opinion of really important apps, or really you mean mobile websites, which are not really apps.

02-10-14 12:07 AM
    I use Instagram without taking pictures of random things and without using filters. It's ridiculous for you to ask that, as if that's what everyone on IG does. I might not need Skype, but I know many on CB do want it.

I can manage my banking perfectly fine from my PC, so I do not need to use my phone.

Not everyone shares your opinion of really important apps, or really you mean mobile websites, which are not really apps.
    Can you deposit checks from PC / Web banking?
    If you can, please let me know which bank. There might be some banks that let you scan checks over web but Citi, BoA, Chase do not, unless you own a business checking account and buy one of their check scanning devices.
    02-10-14 12:35 AM
    Can you deposit checks from PC / Web banking?
    If you can, please let me know which bank. There might be some banks that let you scan checks over web but Citi, BoA, Chase do not, unless you own a business checking account and buy one of their check scanning devices.
    No, I don't deposit any checks online, and guess what!!! Its really not a problem for me.
    02-10-14 12:52 AM
    No, I don't deposit any checks online, and guess what!!! Its really not a problem for me.

Sorry, I forgot you are a of course you have people depositing your fabulous divalicious checks.
    No offense, I just had to.. good night.
    02-10-14 12:57 AM
214 ... 45678 ...