hello all.
    after reading the 101 lecture on upgrading the device firmware i finally decided to upgrade my 8520 from 5.0.0.1036 to 5.0.0.1096.
    i synced the phone
    backed up the data
    backed the third party apps and finally using DM i upgraded my device
    on checking my phone it showed v1.0.0.1096 and so did the DM.
    HAIL AND HAPPY
    BUT ON PLUGGING IN TO PC AND STARTING DM WHEN I WENT TO CHECK THE APPLICATIONS THE STATUS OF ALL THE CORE APPLICATIONS (i,e blackberry system software, blackberry core app, browser,e-mail setup and phone) IS SHOWN AS REQUIRED
    understanding upgradation help-asdf.jpg
    understanding upgradation help-qwer.jpg

my phone is otherwise working normal with no apparent hickups.
    please help me in understanding if it is normal or have i messed it up.

i even wiped the phone after finding it for the first time and reinstalled the software a number of times with the same results.. does reinstalling the system software effect ur phone in any way.
    plz help asap

thanks in anticipation
    with regards
    12-19-12 08:35 AM
    This simply means that you MUST install the system software. Notice how it is grayed out and not selectable. That is because it is required and the DM software will not allow you to setup your phone without the required software.

If you notice some of the items on the list have either an 'x' or a '+' beside them. These are optional items that you can add or remove from your phone. The required items do not have a 'x' or '+' so they are installed automatically.

You did everything correctly, so no worries
    12-19-12 08:41 AM
    one more thing i would like to add.
    the language support, gtalk,help, password keeper etc i did not choose to be installed on my device but they are still showing up though their status is uninstalled but i ask why this mess there????? i mean shouldnt it only show the programmes that are installed on my device
    12-19-12 08:42 AM
    one more thing i would like to add.
    the language support, gtalk,help, password keeper etc i did not choose to be installed on my device but they are still showing up though their status is uninstalled but i ask why this mess there????? i mean shouldnt it only show the programmes that are installed on my device
    Desktop manager will show everything that's possible to install with the OS. If the items don't show as installed or required, then they aren't on your phone.
    12-19-12 08:44 AM
    mike thanks for the quick reply i really appreciate it...
    i mean how do i go about it now.... is still something undone????
    if you could please explain me the steps to do that i will really really appreciate that
    thanks anyways
    12-19-12 08:45 AM
    mike thanks for the quick reply i really appreciate it...
    i mean how do i go about it now.... is still something undone????
    if you could please explain me the steps to do that i will really really appreciate that
    thanks anyways
    Everything looks correct, you won't need to do anything else.
    Your phone has all of the required applications on it.
    12-19-12 08:48 AM
    ohhhh... that really brings relief....
    thanks million tons
    thanks indeed
    but ya would like to bother you again if you dont mind???
    12-19-12 08:52 AM
    i m not using bis/bes but on edge..
    have installed facebook 1.6 which is running fine also have hudee mail which give push messages to my bb.
    my question is... is there a way out that i can get facebook notifications on my bb.
    it seems i need to have a bes to integrate my email which i cant owing to no bes.
    is there a way around to get fb notifications
    12-19-12 08:55 AM
    only way i know to stop Facebook notifications is to uninstall the app.
    you can have the mobile Facebook site saved as a bookmark in the browser and never log out. that way you still have easy access.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 10:05 AM
    darkehawke..
    i dont wanna stop fb notifications but receive em and ya as i told my fb app 1.6.0.22 is working just fine. the only thing lacking is i wont get notifications when some one posts on my wall or tags or pokes and the stuff like that.. i can update posts, upload photos, tag friends and do almost everything is made to do.
    12-19-12 10:18 AM
    i totally misread your post and turns out i was wrong anyway.

if you go into your app, and hit the menu key and choose options, you should have a check box for Facebook notifications. nearish the bottom above the option to turn off email notifications.

on a side note. i am sure the curve has facebook 3.0 version available for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 10:49 AM
    darkehawke.
    i understand that a newer version of fb is available but i m afraid it wont run without bis/bes... as i told i m on no any data plan but using gprs/edge services.
    again if i uncheck the box and turn off email notifications, it doesnt seem that i can get the fb notifications by doing so.
    but thanx anyways..
    hope anyone else comes in to help me and lot of other bb newbies facing the same issue.

thanks again
    12-20-12 03:34 AM