Hi,
    I'm having a situation with my z10, I have deleted files to free up some space but I saw that there was still some unaccounted storage. I checked and there are .tfm folders that are hidden and take a lot of storage space. I tried to delete them but I get the message "you require permission from Unix User\xxxxxx to make changes.." If will not let me change the permissions. And to maje it stranger there are some .tfm folders with the exact same permissions that will let me delete the files within them. If anyone knows hot to solve this please help....

p.s. all the files in these folders are thumbnails (small jpg) of pics i have deleted. In other words i have deleted all my pics from my z10 but now i have all these thumbnails taking up tons of space... so they are not system files or anything like that..
    Last edited by greghell; 01-12-18 at 11:47 AM. Reason: additional info
    01-11-18 09:09 AM
    If you can't delete them... chances are they aren't meant to be deleted and are relevant to the OS operating.
    01-11-18 11:57 AM
    Hi thanks for the response i forgot to include that all the files in these folders are thumbnails (small jpg) of pics i have deleted. In other words i have deleted all my pics from my z10 but now i have all these thumbnails taking up tons of space... so they are not system files or anything like that..
    01-15-18 08:52 AM
    I've noticed them before, it's another reason I did a clean install with an Autoloader every now and then.
    01-15-18 09:01 AM
    I've had good luck cleaning up files with odd permissions errors using Ghost Commander in BlackBerry World. It's an Android port, but it can sometimes remove corrupted files or other cruft that the native file browser can't.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 05:20 PM