once you get used to typing with the Black pearl can you type as fast or faster you would on the 8830?

Which one would you say is better between them?

I do not care for the GPS, nor being able to call from any other Countries.So other than this 2 facts and knowing that the Pearl is smaller, and that it has a camera. From experience use point of view which is better?

I get alot of leads of the Internet, type alot of text messages, do alot of e-mails, I like to have 3 or for progams install in the phone, (so memery is also important)

I have had the 8830 for almost a month and I like it but I wish I had a camera, the Pearl does, is smaller, and I would be able to dial a number using one hand if I needed to, But would I regret returning the 8830 and buying the Black pearl, would I be missing out on alot?

thanks guys
    09-29-07 12:48 PM
    If you can deal with a smaller screen and no qwerty keypad, go with the pearl, especially if you want a camera as well. I know pros that use the pearl but I still get emails with a few misspellings and wrong word selections here and there.

My brain will not allow me to understand how anybody can type faster on a non-qwerty, but to each his own. Go for the pearl because it sounds like you are leaning more towards it anyway.
    09-29-07 01:07 PM
    Getting used to the pearl keyboard takes a little getting used to. It's still not a QWERTY but you can type just about as fast and it usually gets what you're wanting to type. There's a built in user dictionary that is built from emails coming in and out of the pearl. If you're on the fence and really would like the compact size of the pearl, go for it.
    09-29-07 02:48 PM
    To have a smaller screen and not a full qwerty keypad would not be an option that I would entertain. I guess I am spoiled because I love 2 features. My girlfriend tried the smaller screen and the suretype and hated it, hence she went back to the 8830. It really depends on what your needs and desires are. What will truly make you happy. You should go to a store that sells both and try them out.

Good luck............life is short.........go with what is best suited for you.
    Gia
    09-29-07 05:57 PM
    I went from the pearl to the 8700g, all because of the larger keyboard that the 8700g had to offer.I think people just need to try both and judge for themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-07 06:42 PM
    Besides a camera, suretype, and size... is there any other differences between the 2? I have been waitin for a cameraberry for so long now but am a little turned off by the suretype. Am stuck and am also looking for guidance.
    09-29-07 09:29 PM
    seems to me like having the Curve would satisfy my needs but the only carrier that I like is Sprint and it does not offer it, unless there was a way of having it work with this carrier.

I noticed that Sprint is going to carry the Black Pearl pretty soon, that is why I am contemplating the the idea of getting it.

Like I said this is my first BB, and to be honest with you I did not like it for the first 2 weeks (It was fustrating not having it working properly) and also being a previous owner of a Treo, Mogu, I-phone, and now the 8830, which is practical, to the point and very effective that is why I like it better than the I-phone, Treo, and Mogu.

Pehaps like someone suggested, try the Black Pearl and see for yourself, huh?

I do appreciate the effort guys.

Thanks
    Bernardo
    09-29-07 09:39 PM
    I had the same decision to make and finally went with the pearl. I have had it 3 months and love it! I also do alot of emailing. I don't think the keyboard is difficult at all to master and the screen size really isn't to much smaller. When it came down to it, I wanted the smaller more fashionable BB.

Beth
    10-01-07 08:39 AM
    Did you think about getting the curve? It has a full qwerty keyboard, good camera, great size and looks beautiful.
    I have one and love it!
    10-02-07 09:34 AM
    seems to me like having the Curve would satisfy my needs but the only carrier that I like is Sprint and it does not offer it, unless there was a way of having it work with this carrier.

I noticed that Sprint is going to carry the Black Pearl pretty soon, that is why I am contemplating the the idea of getting it.

Like I said this is my first BB, and to be honest with you I did not like it for the first 2 weeks (It was fustrating not having it working properly) and also being a previous owner of a Treo, Mogu, I-phone, and now the 8830, which is practical, to the point and very effective that is why I like it better than the I-phone, Treo, and Mogu.

Pehaps like someone suggested, try the Black Pearl and see for yourself, huh?

I do appreciate the effort guys.

Thanks
    Bernardo
    I have a Pearl, and I love it. The keyboard might have taken some getting used to, but in truth, I had nothing to compare it to, since I came from the Palm world (TungstenE).

If you've had a BB, and are used to a different keyboard, you might have to "adjust".
    10-02-07 10:00 AM
    I guess I "won" You "won" probably the BlackPearl is not so bad, since I do not see anybody tottally going ballistic and saying @#$# No, do not buy it, so I am going to buy it.

Go through the learning experience, then I'll comeback to let you know, what was my experience, I must tell you I happen to work in the sales department, so I do use the phone, text messages and email like crazy, camera is immportant but I will not use as much as I would be reading, texting and emailing information to my cusotmers.

so I really abouse the phones and quite frankly, I am kind of happy with this 8830, the only thing that makes no sense is why would they make the keypad so small and the phone so big? I wish there was a little more space in between characters, why would not they make a "world eddtiton phone" if 80% of the real consumers do not have a Millionares life style, and even if they were they would not bother to do their secretary's job, right? and what is up with the Camera? You know what they should do, partner with Leica, and install a small Focal lens, with a wide apperture, wide zoom, then that would be the a bad *** phone, Imagine it would be the perfect phone with the perfect camera.

Once again, thank You kindly for your honest suggestions.

Bernardo Negrete
    Last edited by bernardo; 10-05-07 at 01:14 AM.
    10-05-07 01:04 AM
    a while back in my previous blackberry life, I had one that had suretype. I definately recommend trying it first before buying it. I did not like the suretype much at all.
    10-05-07 07:32 AM
    That is what I did before I bought the Curve. The pearl I almost bought 2 weeks before I bought the curve but I could not get over the sure type myself *considering the last bb I used was an older b&w screen with a scroll wheel* I was not a fan of bb then. Once I tried the Curve, it was on and I love this phone.

Charlie
    10-07-07 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD