my 2 year-old curve 8900 is getting pretty slow nowadays regardless of battery pulls.

At least 2x/day I get the following error message when I try to see my SMS texts:

"uncaught exception: applicaiton net_rim_bb_messaging_app(93) is not responding; process terminated"

it is extremely frustrating because it lags/freezes the BB for minutes on end

any help would be appreciated
    07-27-11 01:45 AM
    Well, instead in spending time on complicated troubleshooting. i'd say backup all your important data, and wipe the device completely and reinstall a new version of the OS on to it. This would resolve ALL your issues and also make the device work faster and better. Also, ensure that you save all your stuff on your flash card and not on the device memory itself. Let me know if doing this resolves the issue.
    07-27-11 02:55 AM
    Well, instead in spending time on complicated troubleshooting. i'd say backup all your important data, and wipe the device completely and reinstall a new version of the OS on to it. This would resolve ALL your issues and also make the device work faster and better. Also, ensure that you save all your stuff on your flash card and not on the device memory itself. Let me know if doing this resolves the issue.
    I mostly agree with the above. Except there is no need to wipe the device. Simply back up your data. Go to your carriers BlackBerry portal. Download the current version of the OS and reinstall it using your Desktop Software.

Then selectively load your PIM. Something is corrupt and if you simply restore everything you will have the same issue.

btw have you checked your memory? It can be found under options/status. What is the file free number? If its low you have too many SMS and Apps on the device and that will slow it down.

Hope this additional information also helps.
    07-27-11 04:00 AM
    I mostly agree with the above. Except there is no need to wipe the device. Simply back up your data. Go to your carriers BlackBerry portal. Download the current version of the OS and reinstall it using your Desktop Software.

Then selectively load your PIM. Something is corrupt and if you simply restore everything you will have the same issue.

btw have you checked your memory? It can be found under options/status. What is the file free number? If its low you have too many SMS and Apps on the device and that will slow it down.

Hope this additional information also helps.
    what is PIM?

The file free number is 44,212,399 bytes. Is that low?
    07-29-11 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD