I am unable to view mp4 & .avi on my Pearl & I'm about to pull my hair out. According to the box my phone is suppose to support these files. It goes straight to the adobe page when I try to dl one one these and tell me to dl flash player which of course I can't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:05 AM
    *bump* still need help with this....

Last edited by cherryjuice; 07-18-09 at 01:08 PM.
    07-18-09 04:12 AM
    anyone? :/
    07-18-09 01:11 PM
    The first issue is Adobe Flash. It does not install on BlackBerry, there are technical reason that prevent it from working on a mobile device.

Your video files must be in the correct format for Media Player to use them.

m.youtube.com hosts the correct format.

If you choose to copy them to your media card and they do not work, they are in the wrong format. Unfortunatly, that is all too common.

The BlackBerry supported technique is to install Roxio Media Manager and use it's file conversion features to do the copy.

Alternatly, you can use many media software products to convert the video into an acceptable format.
    07-18-09 01:20 PM
    Awesome thank you for the reply... the second issue im having is that when in DM on my computer when i try to open Roxio Media Manger it says there is a run time error and i'm not allowed to use that feature.. wth?

But anyhow im hoping i can get to a computer that can. im trying to learn how to convert the media so i can play it on my phone but i keep running into problems. Thank You for your time.
    07-18-09 01:58 PM
    Roxio Media Manager is optional, that is the message you see if it is not installed.

You will need to download and install a new copy of Desktop Manager, with Media Manager. The install package is over 200 Mb, make sure you save it to a local drive before you install it.
    07-18-09 02:45 PM
    Thank you again for your help. I'll try this again on Monday.

07-18-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD