Hi,

I recently bought a Bold, and upon updating the firmware from AT&T .167 to .282 (EastAsian) I ran to a huge issue with wifi.

After firmware installation is completed, I try to set up wifi but error message "unable to turn wifi on" appears. These are the steps that I took:

1. Complete wipe the device with DL_cmder and got "Reload software 507" message

2. Installed .282 and deleted vendor.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

3. Rather than upgrading the firmware via DM5.7, I used loader.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

4. After completing the wizard, 3G signal came (with data activity). Battery pull for 30 seconds.

5. Turned on wifi and error msg above appears.

please help
    08-01-09 02:45 AM
    Hi,

I recently bought a Bold, and upon updating the firmware from AT&T .167 to .282 (EastAsian) I ran to a huge issue with wifi.

After firmware installation is completed, I try to set up wifi but error message "unable to turn wifi on" appears. These are the steps that I took:

1. Complete wipe the device with DL_cmder and got "Reload software 507" message

2. Installed .282 and deleted vendor.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

3. Rather than upgrading the firmware via DM5.7, I used loader.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

4. After completing the wizard, 3G signal came (with data activity). Battery pull for 30 seconds.

5. Turned on wifi and error msg above appears.

please help
    Install rogers' .282. No issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:15 AM
    Install rogers' .282. No issues.

Just tried rogers' .282, doesn't work
    08-01-09 04:10 AM
    Are you saying you have a problem connecting to a wifi router or hotspot or that you can't even turn it on to search?
    08-01-09 04:39 AM
    Did you resend your service books after the upgrade? I always resend my services books as even restoring them after an upgrade doesn't seem to work well.
    08-01-09 08:28 AM
    Are you saying you have a problem connecting to a wifi router or hotspot or that you can't even turn it on to search?
    it doesn't even turn on to search
    08-01-09 11:21 AM
    Resend service books and then batt pull?
    08-01-09 11:25 AM
    I did register the Wifi in Host Routing Table, still can turn wifi on.

I can't find the resend service books option
    08-01-09 11:44 AM
    AT&T's BIS site can't be opened on the device and PC. Is there any other way to access this site?
    08-01-09 12:15 PM
    Resend service books and then batt pull?
    How do u resend servive books? Is this why (other than at home) my bold recognizes the wifi (wifi name by ATT) but wifi symbol stays greyed out???

Thanks

08-01-09 01:45 PM
    How do u resend servive books? Is this why (other than at home) my bold recognizes the wifi (wifi name by ATT) but wifi symbol stays greyed out???

Thanks

Log on to your provider's BIS and send service books.
    08-01-09 02:51 PM
    How do u do that with ATT? Anyone? Does this resolve the greyed out wifi icon??

08-01-09 04:36 PM
    That is a strange message. I've never heard of "unable to turn wifi on". I vote wiping and downgrading.
    08-01-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD