Sorry to bring this up again. I know the problem is widespread but I think that I've narrowed my problem down to my Pearl.

I have a BB Pearl 8130 on MTS Mobility
    BIS
    Desktop Manager 4.5 (tried 5.0)
    Windows XP Home SP3
    Outlook 2007

The initial problem was the error when trying to access the Outlook calendar. Deleteing the Intellisync folder helped initially. Then the "Operation Terminated unexpectedly" error began. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and reentered the entire Outlook calendar. Wiped the BB calendar database.
    Now, when trying to sync it just come out of the program with no attempt to read the BB device or Outlook calendar.

I can't find any reference to any other email addresses in my Service Books (under Applications>Advanced Options>Service Book). I've had my service books resent through my MTS carrier site. Battery pulls don't help.

I can however sync without any trouble, my wife's Curve with the Outlook calendar. Logically that would tell me that the problem is with my Pearl.

Does anyone have any other options?
    Would completely wiping my Pearl and resetting it to a "pristine" state solve the problem?
    10-18-09 01:35 PM
    That is a last ditch resort

I am having a similar problem. I have new calendar entries in Outlook, everything is set correctly, it used to work, but not any more.

???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 08:34 PM
    Thanks Reed
    I might be down to the last ditch effort.
    I'm not sure how best to get the Pearl back to the "fresh from the factory" state.
    Would the 10 wrong password (or equivalent) technique reset whatever is causing the problem on the Blackberry?
    10-18-09 09:37 PM
    There are three ways to accomplish that.

You can use the password security feature or you can do it from:

Options / Security Options / General Settings. Menu / Wipe Handheld.

The third way is to use the Options button in Applications Loader. The default is to backup and restore data and third party applications. If you deselect both options, you will get an out of the box rebuild.

I am still working on my calender update problem. I have made a couple changes including the patch update and installing BlackBerry Messenger v5, since I was last successful writing my calender.
    10-19-09 09:47 AM
    I had no problem updating the calender on my Curve which does not have either of the above installed.

It does have v4.5.0.162 and no BlackBerry Messenger.

Removing BlackBerry Messenger v5, rolling back to v4.5 then removing it completely had no impact on the issue.

I have set the controls for One Way, Outlook to Device and it still does not sync future items.

I have reviewed the log file and done some further testing. The only Outlook app that is working correctly is Memo. It is not even trying to update Calender.

Humm....
    10-19-09 12:36 PM
    This is really strange. After reading this thread, I remembered that I hadn't done a sync in a few days. After I did it, I now have no calendar information on my computer. Everything is on my BB. For some reason, everything was deleted out of Outlook. I didn't get any error messages.

Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on.
    10-19-09 04:18 PM
    Well somehow I've solved the problem.
    I noticed that I wasn't getting my emails so I resent the service books (which I had done earlier as an attempt at solving my calendar issue to no avail). This resulted in my service provider sending me a message suggesting to not have my emails deleted from the server by setting this through my email readers Outlook Express "Tools" setting. So I did that and my emails are now coming through AND I am now able to sync the BB...I'm not sure how this solved the issue but who am I to complain!
    10-21-09 12:32 AM
    I was having the same problem of "operation terminated unexpectedly". Found another thread with help that did work. Did a battery pull on my Storm while it was turned on; Then, on the manager software I clicked on reset configuration. After that cleared things out on both sides, I then manually refigured how the sync would work, and now everything is back to normal. Hope this helps.
    10-29-09 04:51 PM
    I think I might have it, the issue is not with the blackberry, but with outlook. In Outlook 2007, go to 'tools'-> 'options'-> 'calender options' -> 'resource scheduling' -> 'automatically accept meeting request and process cancellations'. This seemed to work for me and it might have been what you did Rodo when you were in tools. Tell me how it works
    10-29-09 10:16 PM
    10-29-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD