i am crazy coz iam trying ewrrithing for 3 days now
    I have reviewed your posts and I suspect your problem is with your USB connection.

Start with a fresh install of BlackBerry Desktop Manager and remove any USB hubs or extender cables.

The next step is to install a copy of the BlackBerry device OS software. You have not identified which model you have, use the most current software version. There is no point in searching out the original OS.

Use Windows Control Panel / Programs to verify you have both installed correctly.

Connect the BlackBerry to the USB port and start BlackBerry Desktop Manger. With a bit of luck, it will see your BlackBerry and let you install the software.

01-19-11 12:39 PM
    i remove d eveything and i already tried everything (i think)
    bb is the only thing thats connected. i have bb8110 and best results i have is with combination of 4.3 desktop and 4.3 device software an once i get green light blinking but bb didnt start my display so i had to go again and again.
    btw where to download older device software?
    thanks
    i ll stay in touch
    01-19-11 01:26 PM
    Several members have reported this error message when attempting to recover a non-functional device.

We need the combined intelligence of our membership to address this problem.

The message occures midway through a forced OS download using the /NOJVM switch when using AppLoader.

Has anybody seen a resolution to this issue?

edit:
    i have tried nearly everything in this thread no luck in getting life into my bold any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated please help
    04-06-11 11:02 AM
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else.

I just can't get past step 2. I have a replacement phone but it's terrible. My phone in question is a tour and I would love to have it back.

I just someone could tell me how to get my phone past the "device initilization" step
    06-06-11 07:59 PM
    If any of the other posters found a solution please let me know.

Since my last post I've tried wiping my bb with bbsak as well as Jl_cmdr they all failed.

I've tried deleting and redownloading all different versions of the BB manager as well as my phones software (I did remember to delete the damn mlx file every time).

I've taken my usb power controls off and have it plugged into main port.

The only thing I've managed to do is see a white screen for a fraction of a second only a couple times. Still get stuck at stage two where it says "device initilization failed" every time as it reboots when it gets to that step.

I've spent literally 7-8 hours reading threads and creeping the web looking for a solution. It's frustrating to lose an expensive phone.

Please help!
    06-07-11 08:22 AM
    is there any solution found yet....???

am asking because i just killed my dad's blackberry pearl flip 8230.... and am desperately sad and i dont know what would i tell him in d morning....

one more question.... is there any chance of taking a backup of just the contacts.....
    08-15-11 12:36 PM
    Just registered to mention that I cant believe this hasnt been sorted in over 3yrs. Blackberry should be ashamed. A fault as widespread as this and over various models and ages it is embarrassing.

I have been trying to fix my cousins 9800 Torch for the last week and there is not one decent answer on the web, although, this thread is certainly the best at trying to tackle the problem. (I had hoped that by the time I reached page 9 there was a solution!! lol)

I like many, have the problem of the phone continuing to reset at the 'Reconnecting to JVM' stage. I believe the people who have managed to fix it by adding the battery at various times must have a slightly different problem, as I have tried 2 other batteries at full charge but still get the same problem.

Guess this is another BB to scrap heap. No wonder RIM made losses this year!!
    02-08-12 10:40 AM
    I finally fixed my Bold 9000 and I found out that it was a battery issue all along. I thought that having it plugged into the USB with the battery inside would charge the battery, but it didn't seem to charge (I am assuming that is because the USB port wasn't giving enough power to charge the battery). I left it plugged in to the wall for a few hours and finally got a 507 error. THAT WAS PROGRESS!!

I ran the setup through the AppLoader and to my amazement it worked! I have now replicated this on another bricked Bold 9000. 2 down 4 to go

Thanks to all those who posted here. I did initially have an issue with a 9900. But because I didn't let it charge fully it didn't work. Unfortunately I returned it to the place of purchase yesterday for a warranty job.
    04-19-12 12:04 AM
    Oh, BTW. I was having the exact same issues as everyone. Loader would fail @ Device Initialization, etc.
    04-19-12 12:07 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to this. Ive tried everything mentioned and still cannot get to wipe or reload the OS
    06-03-12 03:40 PM
    i took my phone for repair at engineering. they ran a software update and it failed at reconnecting to jvm. so the disassembled the phone and serviced it (cleaned it with some stuff and heated it). then reconnect to the system. you should get a 513 error screen from there you are home free
    crackberry will take it from there
    09-12-12 11:22 PM
    well read through most of what yal have to say.
    been strugling all day with my 9530 storm stuck on reconnecting to JVM and rebooting.
    After more reading i finally decided to uninstall the OS i had and reinstalled it back into my computer.
    I dont know what difference it makes but i decided not to delete the vendor file when i ran the App loader,
    ran it with having removed the battery at first and when it started loading the JVM i put battery back in it..
    To my surprise my phone finally reconected and the managed to update my device and the rest is history!!
    maurice assafo likes this.
    03-05-14 06:01 PM
    thanks guys for bringing this up. I am currently facing the same problem with my Torch 9800...... Has someone found a solution yet? When i contacted my device provider, they simply told me that it was time for a new BB .... Isn't that funny?
    12-19-14 03:49 AM
    thanks guys for bringing this up. I am currently facing the same problem with my Torch 9800...... Has someone found a solution yet? When i contacted my device provider, they simply told me that it was time for a new BB .... Isn't that funny?
    Not sure whether to start a new thread or not so I'll start here:

My Bberry 8530 was nuked and the Win XP PC that it originally ran on tanked too.
    I finally managed to get on another but only working PC (HP Pavilon Win 8 laptop) and
    restored it. However, it nuked approx 10 or more times after that and restored it easily but no more.
    I keep getting "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation" during restore. I was directed to jl_cmder, but, that doesn't seem to do anything of value if I have to restore the Bberry with DM (keep getting "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation").
    Is there a fix or should I officially consider this Bberry 8530 bricked?
    02-14-18 10:55 AM
    Fixed. For now (meaning I'm sure the Bberry will nuke again but I managed to restore it).

Sort of long winded but want to explain what I did and didn't do

I read about shutting off Power Management to the USB Controllers>Root Hubs, disabling my anti-virus, unplugging everything, etc...but avoided all that.
    And remembered how, at least for me, some programs stop working properly after a Defraggle and I had done it twice recently - probably before and definitely after the Bberry restore stopped working.

I ran CCleaner to clean up my registry and it was a mess (with a lot of installs, uninstalls, and reinstalls). Reinstalled my DM, ran App Installer, and Voila. Restored. Again, I'm sure my decrepit Bberry will nuke again but (sigh), I think I got it covered now.
    02-14-18 03:30 PM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD