Ok I'm a huge newbie. I have had my phone a week. I have had one sucessfull sync and then tried again yesterday and got the error on my computer unable to read application data durning the load of my contacts. I uninstalled the desktop manager and reinstalled and are still getting the same error. I have searched the net endless and can't find anything. Can someone please help.?
    08-09-08 07:42 AM
    This is what worked for me:

(From blackberryforums /general-blackberry-discussion/7877-unable-read-application-data.html#post178324)

I corrected this issue by clearing the address book function (will work with tasks, calendar, etc) thorugh Backup and Restore/Advanced and retrying. This removed the corrupt databse and allowed it to synch without errors.
    So essentially, backup address book to computer -> delete address book from phone -> restore address book from backup.
    08-29-08 09:45 PM
    Just like to chime in and say this solution worked for me also.
    03-07-09 05:01 AM
    Worked for me also, after trying a variety of other things, including an "Inbox Repair" in Outlook, computer restart, Blackberry restart, etc. What finally worked was creating a fresh backup file using Blackberry Desktop Manager, Backup and Restore, then using the Advanced Options to delete the Address Book files from the Blackberry, then opening the fresh backup file and adding the Address Book back to the Blackberry. Next sync attempt worked like a charm.
    05-28-09 08:53 PM
    OMGosh, thank you so much! I am also a BB virgin and was pulling my hair out trying to figure this problem out... Your solution worked immediately!
    10-22-09 12:34 AM
    You guys rock. I came happily back to BB from being a 18 months Nokia E71 user. And I experienced this "unable to read application data" problem, too AFTER i already an older version of my outlook data. I called t-mobile tech support 5 times, 3 days, everytime they had a different solution, I did all the steps that Campbellcd and Mike12489 suggested. It worked!!! hoorraaay. YOU ROCK. But why in the world are these tech supporties NOT ABLE TO HELP??
    12-13-09 10:53 PM
    That worked for me too and all of the data (that my thumbs worked so hard to enter) was intact when I was done. I would have thought it was a Windows permissions issue, but I guess not. Thanks mike12489.
    12-29-09 09:11 PM
    Find a new date for the new year

Adult Friend Finder is the world's oldest, biggest adult dating site They know how to hook you with a new partner just when you need it

See for yourself at katy xmatch com
    01-03-10 01:51 PM
    THANK YOU! Finally a solution! I'm so happy someone finally figured this out! I went through all of the steps on Blackberry.com and nothing else worked for me except this.

THANK YOU!
    01-19-10 05:58 PM
    It's not working for me... Argh!!!
    02-02-10 07:47 AM
    I have BB Bold 9000 running on Windows 7. The remedy of removing the contacts and then restoring works for me but only one time. Each time that I sync, I have to remove the address book and restore from backup. Takes a lot of time. Secondly, when I go to advance to remove the address book, there are two of them. I that how it should be? Thanks for your help.
    02-04-10 08:39 AM
    I had the same "unable to read application data" problem. I got lucky, and found the cause of the problem on my BB. Since my last successful sync, I had received, opened, and "add to address book" a contact that was sent to me as a vCard attachment in a text msg from an iPhone user. I deleted that contact from my BB address book, and then my sync worked fine. So somehow the vCard data had corrupted my address book data for syncronizing. Sure wish someone at RIM would address this problem.
    06-25-10 06:00 PM
    I had the same "unable to read application data" problem. I got lucky, and found the cause of the problem on my BB. Since my last successful sync, I had received, opened, and "add to address book" a contact that was sent to me as a vCard attachment in a text msg from an iPhone user. I deleted that contact from my BB address book, and then my sync worked fine. So somehow the vCard data had corrupted my address book data for syncronizing. Sure wish someone at RIM would address this problem.
    I had the same issue but to add insult to injury the vcard I recieved was from another blackberry via bbm! And it still caused the "unable to read applicatio data" error! Deleting the contact solved the issue so thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by ktaliana; 07-22-10 at 10:15 AM.
    07-22-10 10:12 AM
    Having the same issue and this fix isnt working for me...arrrggghh...i backed up my contact / calendar & tasks...i even downgraded to DM 5.0 and still getting the application data issue. i need to sync my contacts for my new job and this is an issue!!!
    05-27-11 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD