So i just did a device switch from curve 8900 to my bold 9900. When i try to login using my blackberry ID that i use to use on my curve it states "unable to login to blackberry account" I went on to the website and i can login fine and it recognize that i am now using a bold 9900. I made a new account and try login with that one and it states "use the BBID that is associated with this device"

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
    08-14-11 10:26 PM
    I am having the same issue with my bold 9900. Anyone have a solution?
    08-15-11 03:35 AM
    I had posted this in same thread in the 9900 forum. Pasting here again. Hope you guys are able to sort it out.
    I had this exact problem. I solved it though and am posting what I did for anyone who might be going through this.
    This is what I did that got me into trouble:
    1) Unboxed the 9900, but the battery in and fired up BB desktop manager.
    2) Connected my Torch 9800 which is running OS6.xx.xx600 and clicked switch devices.
    3) Connected my 9900 when DM asked me to
    4) Everything works, all apps are there. But App World and BB Protect refused to work.
    What I tried but didn't work:
    1) Pulled Battery number of times
    2) Deleted App world and reinstalled twice
    3) Deleted App World and downloaded App World 3.0 from BB beta zone.
    4) Wiped the device and put in my sim card. Didn't back up or transfer contacts and tried App World. Still no joy.
    What Finally worked:
    1) Backed up 9900 contacts only. Dumped the applications.
    2) Wiped the device
    3) Downloaded latest .296 OS from VodafoneDE site.
    4) Installed new OS using Apploader.
    5) On device boot up, the 9900 now asked me the BB ID I want to associate with the device.
    6) Entered user and pass. App World confirmed if I wanted to shift the device linked to my account. Clicked yes.
    7) App world and Protect started working
    8) Now again performed a device switch from my Torch. (Luckily I didn't wipe the Torch). I selected only apps to be transfered.
    9) All apps were installed.
    10) Now I restored my contacts etc from the 9900 backup I had taken earlier.
    Eerything works.
    By the way I decided to stick with App World 3.0 from the beta zone.
    Hope this helps someone out.
    08-15-11 04:12 AM
    Thanks for posting that. Only issue is that I don't want to lose my other info besides the contact info. Old messages, texts, BBM etc. Wonder if RIM will eventually sort this out...
    08-15-11 06:27 AM
    Thanks for posting that. Only issue is that I don't want to lose my other info besides the contact info. Old messages, texts, BBM etc. Wonder if RIM will eventually sort this out...
    You can backup your contacts, msgs etc. No problems. Just dont back up third party apps. Do it after you connect your 9900 with BBID
    08-15-11 07:00 AM
    I've got the same problem - worked until I synced by BB 9900 with Desktop Manager. Now it goosed! Grrrr
    08-15-11 12:30 PM
    When I try to download an app I am asked for my BB ID. When I enter it I get the following message "unable to connect with BB ID. Please sign in now or try again later. Data services are required for BB ID and can be turned on in the mobile network settings."
    I have data srvoces and they are turned on. When I connect to the BB site via computer my ID and password appear correctly. What can i do to fix this? Torch 9850
    07-06-12 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD