I've recently removed some android apps, but when I decided to reinstall them, the error message 'unable to install this app' appears.
    It seems to only happen when the apk file is larger than 10mbs, files under this size have no problem installing.
    04-26-16 12:41 AM
    I've recently removed some android apps, but when I decided to reinstall them, the error message 'unable to install this app' appears.
    It seems to only happen when the apk file is larger than 10mbs, files under this size have no problem installing.
    Not sure about the file size as a factor but if you are on OS version 2876 (release 2836) the following link may be of some help.
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Link to appropriate fix is included in bulletin.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-26-16 01:21 AM
    The issue I experience is after the update.
    04-26-16 02:08 AM
    As a point of clarification...when you refer to "update"do you mean the OS update or the android runtime patch and what OS are you currently using?

If you are on OS 2876 I would suggest a hard reboot of device followed by re installation of Android runtime patch and then a hard reboot again as the bulletin suggests.

If you are not on OS 2876 the runtime patch is not essential and may actually create issues if installed.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-26-16 02:35 AM
    If you are downloading from Amazon appstore ensure that your download size is not restricted to 10 Mb. That restriction can be found in Amazon appstore settings.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-26-16 02:43 AM
    As a point of clarification...when you refer to "update"do you mean the OS update or the android runtime patch and what OS are you currently using?

If you are on OS 2876 I would suggest a hard reboot of device followed by re installation of Android runtime patch and then a hard reboot again as the bulletin suggests.

If you are not on OS 2876 the runtime patch is not essential and may actually create issues if installed.

Sine stercore tauri
    I am on 2876 and I did get the update before this issue, how can I hard reboot my device?

Thanks for replying :-)
    04-26-16 02:43 AM
    Hold the power button down for about 20 to 30 seconds until red LED flashes and the boot logo reappears.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-26-16 02:45 AM
    Didn't help, still showing unable to install.
    Using bb10 is so tiring....
    04-26-16 02:58 AM
    Where are you trying to install apps from and which app in particular?

Sine stercore tauri
    04-26-16 03:02 AM
    Where are you trying to install apps from and which app in particular?

Sine stercore tauri
    it's an IM called QQ, I tried apkpure and downloading the apk file from the official website, both didn't work.
    It's definitely not the app's problem, other apks also have this issue when installing.
    04-26-16 03:15 AM
    Using 2876 with patched ART. Installed it without issue so def not the app.

Use file manager and search in your Downloads and android folder for any previously installed apk...manually delete them if present. In Settings go to accounts and remove QQ if present.
    Reboot phone.
    Reinstall the ART patch from BBW.
    Reboot device.
    Try install again.
    If this fails I would suggest a reload of OS. Can't think of any settings apart from the Amazon app store restriction but will post if anything else comes to mind.

Sine stercore tauri
    04-26-16 03:47 AM
    I've had this issue before. I had to wipe the device and reinstall a backup, but, u need to uncheck the 'blackberry runtime'. It's something to do with this folder.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 06:29 AM
    Using 2876 with patched ART. Installed it without issue so def not the app.

Use file manager and search in your Downloads and android folder for any previously installed apk...manually delete them if present. In Settings go to accounts and remove QQ if present.
    Reboot phone.
    Reinstall the ART patch from BBW.
    Reboot device.
    Try install again.
    If this fails I would suggest a reload of OS. Can't think of any settings apart from the Amazon app store restriction but will post if anything else comes to mind.

Sine stercore tauri
    How do I reinstall the patch? There's only an open option in BBW
    04-26-16 07:12 AM
    just started getting this error too...trying to upgrade instagram and another app from snap... the previous versions installed fine. whats going on?

Posted via CBX
    04-26-16 02:14 PM
    I should mention that other apps have installed and updated fine, but these two will not. the second app is a very small metronome app with only a minor update. i've tried re-downloading it in snap, but the problem remains. afraid to delete the current version from my phone in case I cant get it back..

Posted via CBX
    04-26-16 02:22 PM
    Somebody help!!! This is so frustrating!!!
    04-27-16 07:22 AM
    Are you in a wifi area ? That could be it as well. Check your settings and see if you had it set to wifi only for large files.
    04-27-16 08:07 AM
    these are small files. and they are already downloaded when the installation process declares "cannot install this app".

Posted via CBX
    04-27-16 06:51 PM
    these are small files. and they are already downloaded when the installation process declares "cannot install this app".

Posted via CBX
    I wiped my device and the problem was fixed... I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 09:33 PM
    I wiped my device and the problem was fixed... I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked...

Posted via CB10
    that sucks.

Posted via CBX
    04-29-16 10:27 AM
    Nuked back to functionality..?

Sometimes that's the pathway, unfortunately. Just ask Microsoft Windows users... :-)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    04-30-16 03:24 AM
    Nuked back to functionality..?

Sometimes that's the pathway, unfortunately. Just ask Microsoft Windows users... :-)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    At leat windows has room to grow...
    05-01-16 12:51 AM
    wow. cb10 was messed until just now. I wanted to reply to this thread weeks ago that deleting the app and re-installing worked fine. no need to wipe the device! ..but this thread disappeared until now.

Posted via CBX
    05-22-16 09:30 PM