Sorry to ask another WI-FI question but I need someone to give me the whole rundown:

I do not have a data plan. I do have the features add on and wireless at home. I am configured for WIFI preferred for my network. Here are my questions:

Now that I have the feature add on what can I really do with it?

Which browser do I use? I have a tmobile browser and one that just says browser. Do I use these or do I need a different kind? (Opera, etc)

Can I set up to receive email while on UMA? Do I need an email push app?

I guess I am just showing my unfamiliar ness with my berry. If everything goes right, the limited at home use of data type usage will convince SWMBO that data plans are a great idea!

Thanks for your help.
    06-22-09 03:06 PM
    No, you can not have email pushed to your phone without a data plan. Stupid I know.

Browser wise you must set your settings to Hotspot Browser, so it knows to only use wifi when accessing the internet. Don't need to download anything special.

*actually I'm not entirely
    Familiar with the feature add on you're describing. You just mean the package that gives you free UMA calls right?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by NSZberry; 06-22-09 at 04:46 PM.
    06-22-09 04:43 PM
    You can use the browser that says browser, but you will probably be happier with Opera or Bolt. I like Live Search best because it's faster and I have more success with downloads: Bing for mobile You want to set it to use wifi connection only in the options.

Prior to June 1st, you could call T-Mobile and have them activate Blackberry services without a data plan and then be able to set up email and download/use most apps while on wifi. This would also activate IM programs that could be used on wifi or on edge with an unlimited text plan.

Now, (after June 1st), T-Mobile can only enable limited blackberry services with will allow MMS, but no IM programs.

To check to see what was enabled for your phone, try to sign into an IM program while on wifi. If you can do that, you can do just about anything on wifi, but you'll want to be careful not to use apps while not wifi connected.
    06-22-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD