I do not have TMo hotspot at home. I keep hearing that i can make calls over wifi using UMA on my BB curve 8320. Can someone please help me with this? After I understand it, I could write a nice little walk through (maybe sticky?) for future reference.

Thanks!
    06-13-08 09:50 AM
    If you do not have the Hotspot@Home service and do not have any understanding of it, then why would you write a sticky?? It would be better if someone of more experience with using UMA and H@H would write a sticky about it.

If you are having trouble, read through a few of the topics in here and your Qs will probably be answered.

Without Hotspot@Home you can still make the UMA calls but there is really no advantage to UMA over EDGE (unless you have poor signal and want to use WiFi to get better signal). In your situation there is no obvious advantage because using UMA will still use your plan minutes. With Hotspot@Home the UMA minutes are FREE and do not take from your plan.

The only other advantage of WiFi on your Curve would be browsing, but that doesn't even fall under UMA... so that is not an issue.
    06-13-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD