Annoyed with this issue. this is the second 9780 i receive, first one was warranty exchanged due to the same issue. the "UMA" will show up once in a blue moon. mostly shows EDGE, but browser and apps run on wifi speeds. the error i receive when going into the wifi diagnostics shows error code w006.2, Error Code: ISP or T-Mobile Network error. Ive checked my internet connections everything is fine and my router is a brand new netgear wndr3700. i have a 9700 connected to the router as well and its connected to UMA with no issues. any ideas???
    03-31-11 01:51 AM
    I'm having the same issue on my 9700. Have not found an answer yet...
    04-04-11 05:24 PM
    I'm having intermittent UMA problems with Orange in the UK. One thing the (excellent) support guy said was to turn off wireless n, just use b & g. Wasn't my problem (old router that doesn't do n) but I have seen it mentioned elsewhere too.

Worth a try?

Rgrds

F
    04-28-11 04:12 AM
    Bump

Anyone find a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue: 9780 on Tmo; UMA won't work; UMA error code W006.3 in WiFi Diagnostics
    08-12-11 07:45 AM
    Weird update. If you send a txt, the phone will then connect to UMA
    08-12-11 09:09 AM
    I had hugely intermittent UMA myself and I ran through some diagnostics and no errors came up. I messed around and reesent the service books and I've been on UMA since last night. Now to see if that helps my "server not found" wifi browsing experience. Funny how I never thought of doing that before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 09:41 AM
    Are you on BES or BIS? How did you resend the service books? Is there one particular one? I talked to my BES admin and he told me there are no service books that relate to UMA.
    08-14-11 10:25 AM
    I'm on bis and I honestly have no idea how I did it. I was messing around with the diagnostic settings and what have you and found something. However as soon as I went into the other bedroom, uma dropped and my wifi still has the same old problem. Usually the service book thing comes up on the carrier website so I'm not sure what to tell you. My problem stems from living in the sticks where there is no 3G yet. Oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD