Hi,
    first time poster, been lurking since 5 months ago when I became addicted.

If this is a repeat question please lead me to a solution after the flames (yes I searched and searched and searched)

this is driving me nuts. Im deep in Poland my wifi is working just fine for both my computer and my phone (8320). I have only wifi connected and data set to receive only when not roaming. I have no issues sending or receiving emails, bbmessenger, surfing.... but if i try to make a voice call i get a disconnect at the point of connection and I lose UMA all together. I am super frustrated trying to call home, and yes I am only calling the states. Anyone have any bright Ideas?

thanks in advance

P
    07-26-08 04:22 AM
    Have you called tmobile? Have you tried a battery pull? When you say you are connecting to wifi, is UMA present? What does it say...."call failed?" What OS are you running? 4.5 or tmobiles 4.2.2.180?
    07-31-08 07:23 PM
    T-mobile will be no help since you are out of the country since UMA is techically for in your home market only. That being said, how strong is your signal to the router? UMA can be VERY annoying sometimes and I wish T-mobile would let you set automatic log-in, or let you try to manually log-in to UMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 07:28 PM
    what kind of router are you connected to?

make and model to be specific.
    07-31-08 08:48 PM
    i've had this exact same problem!! I called Tmo CS and they tried a few different things but to no avail. I'm thinking my phone is glitching so I'm going to return it and see if it works then...but if anyone has any good ideas or solutions, let me know!!
    08-21-08 08:09 PM
    Also with the same problem. Just got off the phone to T-mo hotspot support and they were no help at all. They did have me check my wifi options and it's showing red dots next to my wifi connection, not green or check mark. She said I had to wait till it turned green, but I'm thinking that won't happen since it's been in this state of no UMA signal since I got the UMA service (2 weeks.)

Anyone have any ideas?
    Linksys wrt54g

OK I was doing some trouble shooting on my own and found:
    UMA error code: w006.1

Anyone know what that means or how to fix it?

Wifi / UMA Error Codes - BlackBerryFAQ
    OK I found the above, but still no luck.
    Last edited by blackops; 08-24-08 at 06:03 PM.
    08-24-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD