Edit: Forgot to mention it's a Curve

I'm trying to figure something out. I'm traveling for work right now. I am in corporate housing and plugged in my T-Mobile Linksys Access point so that I had UMA calling.

I find that when a lot of the residents are using the internet service, that the call quality rapidly degrades on UMA (I don't have this problem at home where I have 20Mb/2Mb service from RCN).

I have tried, while on a call, to go into Manage Connection and to disable Wi-Fi, which I thought should kick the call right over to the regular Wireless Network. What happens is that I get an alternating tone immediately and the BB displays a banner with "Call Failed".

Does anyone know of another way to trip the call over to Wireless Manually?

Thanks
    Last edited by Porthos; 10-17-07 at 02:04 PM. Reason: phone model
    10-17-07 02:02 PM
    I know this may sound odd, have you tried to reboot your router? It may be a little work but it may work for you.
    10-21-07 10:25 PM
    how about this,
    go to options - mobile network - then set network selection mode to manual.
    hope that helps.
    10-24-07 02:48 AM
    Question... when my Curve says UMA, and the WiFi is lit up, does that mean I am hooked in and making calls via my Wifi or am I still using my minutes? Don't have a "use Wifi and save your minutes" plan. Thanks!
    10-26-07 03:08 PM
    your phone has to state "UMA" and you must also sign-up for HotSpot@Home service to be able to have unlimited calling, otherwise you will just be using your normal minutes.... the wifi logo on your screen just means that your wifi is on
    10-30-07 01:54 PM
    Question... when my Curve says UMA, and the WiFi is lit up, does that mean I am hooked in and making calls via my Wifi or am I still using my minutes? Don't have a "use Wifi and save your minutes" plan. Thanks!
    WiFi is lit up if you turn on the WiFi antenae, when UMA shows the phone has made the necessary connection to T-mobiles server and you are running through the WiFi.
    12-13-07 10:44 PM
    That is when UMA is up and working lol...sorry had too :P
    12-14-07 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD