Does anyone know if it is possible to make calls through a route, I have heard something about UMA? not even sure what that is Im a newbie any thoughts?
    06-03-09 02:11 PM
    The basic idea behind UMA is that you can access your network (Orange in this case) through wireless internet, rather then the actual network.
    In my opinion the only useful feature about UMA is the fact that you can roam all around the world but still be considered at home, because you are connected to Orange through WiFi.
    06-03-09 02:26 PM
    I don't believe the Bold supports UMA.
    06-03-09 03:04 PM
    It may be possible, imaybe if you load an OS from a country that supports UMA. I know my wifes 8900 runs through UMA with T-mobile, so maybe there is a way. I would love that on my bold, which is with ATT. I blow through my 900 minutes a month so to get umlimited via UMA (is that how it works? Or does it still use minutes?) Would be awsome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 03:17 PM
    It may be possible, but it has nothing to do with another carriers OS.

Orange UK does support UMA for the 8120, 8320 and 8900 Curves. For reasons known only to Orange, they have not enabled UMA on the Bold.

If you have a contact with an Orange suppored UMA device, you can record the servers needed and create a new UMA profile. You can also aquire the security certificate needed.

06-03-09 03:24 PM
    Thanks reed can you give me a rough guide of how to do that or where I might be able to find out how my better half is jsut about to get a uma enabled phone...Life would be so much simpler if Orange had better coverage...thanks all
    06-04-09 01:14 PM
    The fouth post down is where the technique is discussed. I have used the instructions on my own Curve, it works well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/uma...apping-218920/
    06-04-09 01:22 PM
    thanks Reed

managed to get all the way through to the utilities but when I pressed themenu key there are no UMA options am I scuppered? what do you think?
    07-03-09 07:07 AM
    If I understand correctly, you were able to open the Sessions Manager but found it empty. Press Menu / UMA Options if it is there.

I have not experimented with a Bold to prove this works.
    07-03-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD