As I read and await some new release from RIM/Vz this year (orig storm day 1, currently storm2) and my disappointment in Torch (even if it came to Vz) it came to me that With Playbook Hype, am I now tethered to my BB phone?
    If the Playbook is such as it's advertised I'll certainly need a BB phone to connect with, and as such will be stuck with what's offered, not necessarily what I want. I don't think we'll be paring Androids or WM to this thing so this limits my position to change phones and RIM has nicely boxed me in for now.

There's no doubt if Playbook pans out I want one... question is how good a
    phone do I need if I have one ?
    10-19-10 11:30 AM
    Why get a new phone. Pair playbook to your S2 or just wait for whatever 4G BB VZW will have in 4 or 5 more months?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 07:16 PM
    Why get a new phone. Pair playbook to your S2 or just wait for whatever 4G BB VZW will have in 4 or 5 more months?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If the Playbook will even pair with the Storm2 or any other older Blackberry. I wouldn't be surprised if the Playbook comes out with will only work with OS 6 or some other caveats to get people to upgrade to a newer BB device. The whole "pairing" thing has been discussed in too much detail in any of the briefings, and if it is similar to the video Civic put up showing QNX in a Prius talking to a blackberry, its not just a simple data pairing connection.
    10-27-10 08:26 PM
    * BlackBerry PlayBook can pair with BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry� Device Software v5 or higher
    BlackBerry - PlayBook Tablet PC - BlackBerry PlayBook Specs Pricing and More at BlackBerry.com
    10-27-10 08:39 PM
    Cool. I guess I'll have to start looking at that site more often cause they keep adding stuff in.
    10-28-10 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD