What features would you choose, if you could make the Ultimate BB???

I'll start:
    1. Fast 1ghz processor (soon?)
    2. Fantastic Screen (with touch would be nice, screen has to be bigger than the bold touch coming out tho..still too small)
    3. Great camera 5mp+ (already exists)
    4. Great battery life (already exists)
    5. Great keyboard (the only reason i miss my 8900)
    6. Apps
    7. a rock solid OS (this is actually #1 IMO)

so whats important to you?

post away
    04-14-11 11:38 AM
    I actually adore my Style as-is, and am quite happy with it. But, building an 'ultimate" BB, hrmmm, I will start from there:

-Clamshell design (check!)
    -Slightly bigger interior screen (Should be possible without increasing dimensions of phone)
    -8MP camera
    -front-facing camera
    -Better battery life/extended battery/second battery sold with phone
    -Dual-core
    -1ghz processor
    -Same great keyboard
    -Can store/run apps from microSD card
    -4G-capable
    -CDMA & GSM
    -Wi-Fi (Already has, want to keep it)
    -Can be used as mobile hotspot
    -Flash
    -Improved and faster browser
    -Can be used as a transporter, tricorder, phaser/blaster, OR a lightsaber. (Hey, I can dream, right? But I'll be happy with one of the four.)

--I'm happy with the current OS though I am looking forward to QNX. I'm also pretty darn happy with the apps I already have available. I don't really care about touchscreen either.
    04-14-11 12:09 PM
    Perfect for me would be a CDMA Torch II. Make the screen a tad larger and a slightly bigger keyboard and it would be the perfect phone, best of both worlds.
    04-14-11 12:10 PM
    My Ultimate BB would be
    * 118mm x 68mm x 10mm
    * The BB would contain 2 Hot swappable Batteries, each powering the device for about 5h of use independently so the device would get 10h of actual use, though never needing to shut down being able to swap batteries.
    * The Blackberry would be Multicore and have a OS and Native app library designed to support multicore processing.
    * 3.0" Diagonal Screen with a XGA resolution or somewhere near. with Touch input
    * Keyboard akin to the 9000, with an addition of 2 more special keys, giving me both & and % in an easier to access point, possibly user definable?
    * Front and Rear facing Camera's able to do SVGA resolution video, at the least, rear facing camera with "HD" 1080p would be nice.
    * Dual Notification LED's: with user definable colour and interval profiles.

On the OS front.
    I am looking to keep a similar look of OS6,
    I like the idea of QNX "sandboxing" applications so when one crashes the system does not, so I would like that carried over, but I desperately require
    * Autotext + the ability to export/import Autotext librarys for editing on a computer
    * Auto Correct with the ability to learn, and user editable dictionary
    * System wide Copy/Cut/Paste
    * Password protected folders
    * Greater depth in email handling, this could be a thread unto itself!
    * Integration between Todo/Contact list/ Calendar/ Email
    * Calendar needs colour coding, more options for entry headings, and ability to email daily/weekly/monthly Agenda

on the BIS/BES front
    A Blackberry is NOT just a Phone, but a Platform, much like the iPhone isn't just a phone but part of a bigger "synergy" (itunes)
    so my Ultimate Blackberry would require an update to BES/BIS

I would like a "cloud space" on my BIS, that gives me some storage, webmail access to my blackberry.net account, or BBID account which ever the case may be, in the Space I would also like access to some form of control as to what goes to and from my Blackberry via PUSH.
    I would like access to controlling Truncation, when I travel abroad, I like having truncated emails, when I am home, or on Wifi, Turn that crap off! I want the ability to dictate this through a web login, as well as temporarily suspend services like Appworld access, or BBM, or Facebook, really ANY RIM supplied Application I'd like to stop pushing details to from the web log in ( very useful for a parent controlling a childs access to the BB.)
    04-14-11 12:14 PM
    1. Faster processor
    2. Great keyboard, like the 9650
    3. Larger screen size
    4. Fantastic OS
    5. Better camera

This might be the new Bold Touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 12:17 PM
    1. Faster processor
    2. Extended battery life
    3. 16GB MiniSD standard, no more of this 2GB crap
    4. Slightly larger screen
    5. Pinch to zoom!
    04-14-11 12:35 PM
    Hardware specs of the Torch 2, but with a slightly larger display, maybe 3.6", and a landscape-oriented slide-out keyboard. That would be the shizznit.

04-14-11 12:50 PM
    2GHZ Dual Core Processor
    4GB RAM
    Looks exactly like the 9780
    QNX OS
    04-14-11 01:02 PM
    Hardware specs of the Torch 2, but with a slightly larger display, maybe 3.6", and a landscape-oriented slide-out keyboard. That would be the shizznit.

ooo good one..on the landscape slide...would that be like the sidekicks?
    if so, we would have much larger more manageable keyboards

very good suggestions everyone....

<---- currently daydreaming about my perfect BB...
    04-14-11 01:09 PM
    2GHZ Dual Core Processor
    4GB RAM
    Looks exactly like the 9780
    QNX OS
    10 years later..

My perfect BB would be:
    -1.5 ghz DC processor
    -3+ in. screen with 960x540 res or higher
    -Same candybar layout but bigger
    -Similar keyboard design
    04-14-11 01:18 PM
    If I were to design a device for myself, my specs would be more on the modest side. I wouldn't necessarily need all the bells and whistles attached.

The things that I would like to see would be:

1) A fast processor (1GHZ)
    2) 1-2 gigs of ram (to prevent or minimize the freezing due to lack of memory)
    3) The latest OS6 release
    4) A nice 5MP camera in front and in back for video calling
    5) A reasonably sized SD card included(16 gig would do me just fine)
    6) An HD high resolution screen (bigger than the curve screen, but smaller than the Curve Touch that's supposed to come out)
    7) Battery Life of more than a day on a STANDARD battery before having to charge again

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a touch screen device or have some extravagant keyboard. The Curve keyboard is just fine for me(My fingers aren't big at all). Finally, the device would have to be able to ultimately support several incarnations of OS7 whenever it comes out.

Anyways, that's it...
    04-14-11 01:53 PM
    I just want a QNX BB that has a dual core processor, 1 gb of ram, and a battery that will power the phone for at least two days with light to moderate use.

Send by my Android
    04-14-11 02:25 PM
    * The BB would contain 2 Hot swappable Batteries, each powering the device for about 5h of use independently so the device would get 10h of actual use, though never needing to shut down being able to swap batteries.
    I love this idea! For me, it wouldn't even need to be two of the same size batteries, just having one big enough that the phone wouldn't require a reboot when swapping batteries. Like even just having a capacitor in there that will keep the phone powered for 5 minutes or so (could be even less) to be able to swap in a new fresh one.
    04-14-11 03:00 PM
    A Perfect Blackberry for me is one that has those:

BIG HD touch screen
    slider-keyboard
    A good Dual Core processor
    A better WiFi
    Flash card AND memory of 5GB built-in
    Battery that you need to charge once a week.

and the look of storm 2
    04-14-11 03:09 PM
    Bold 9000 with Trackpad rather than trakball
    Better camera
    QNX OS
    Multi Core Processer
    More memory
    04-14-11 03:19 PM
    My biggest thing is a faster browser really. I think the new devices will hit it on par. The Torch 2 would probably be ideal if Verizon had it.
    04-14-11 08:37 PM
    Bold Touch would be perfect for me, but needs to have the 9700 type battery life.

Also would be nice to put apps on MC and have a bigger one out of the box. Least 8g IMO...

Also be able to run QNX.

Not asking for much compared to most, probably why
    I am still content with my 9700 for most part.

04-15-11 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD