Hello everyone! I'm sort of desperate and this post is my last try...really.
    I saw that lots of you are quite passionate about BB and many of you are even in contact with the BB team...I just thought that there would be at least one person who cares (well, if not for me, for RIM at least) and would pass the message to RIM...the patience is over. This is really not normal that RIM can't add the Ukrainian virtual keyboard, while their devices are commercialization in Ukraine. Everybody has it, Android devices do, Iphones do, Dragon even has the voice recognition for the Ukrainian. I bet that RIM wonders why they don't get the results in this country of 46 mln habitants where all concurrents do a minimum service: they have a language pack for the smartphones and tablets.
    Please, don't tell me it's too complicated : everybody has it and RIM himself has the input for the Catalan or Bask language, I mean C'mon, they found some time to develop the thing for some ultra-minority on the French-Spanish border, but not the language pack for the country of 46 mln habitants with a fast-growing market.
    I'm a BB user and I'm looking forward to BB10, I'd like to buy new phones from BB in the future, but this is getting really ugly. If RIM continues to develop the input for the languages that are not even spoken and do nothing for the Ukrainian input....well, my next phone will be Android or an iPhone.
    kolok, dusanvn and rbvl like this.
    11-21-12 04:34 PM
    oh dear....hope the bb10 has your language built it.
    11-21-12 04:54 PM
    Hey, I'm Ukrainian! And Polish. (Polish + Uke = a Puke).

So that means I care. I'll flag this on twitter right now. RIM will see it.
    11-21-12 05:12 PM
    Use Russian. But it is not cool from RIM not to include Ukranian.
    11-21-12 05:32 PM
    Use Russian. But it is not cool from RIM not to include Ukranian.
    I can't, there are several specific signs that differ from Ukrainian alphabet to Russian (clearly there are letters that exist only in Russian and those only in Ukrainian ) and there are like 5 important signs that differ from Russian keyboard to Ukrainian.
    11-21-12 11:43 PM
    Bb624, Kevin, thank you for understanding! It's so nice.
    The worst for RIM is that they do sell phones in Ukraine, but I can't get why since there is no real market perspective since they have no language pack. Enterprises, active people, young people, public decision makers won't use it cause one can write nothing in Ukrainian and because all the concurrents have it.
    There is something ugly about loving blackberry and having to deal with it, while it's rather easy to put in place....or to buy an Android....
    11-21-12 11:55 PM
    ukrainian keyboard - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Take a look, people just buy bb devices in Ukraine only to find out that there's no Ukrainian input (Surprise!). People keep cool, they even propose to help with it (!). This one is about playbook, but there are lots of posts like that since a couple of years and nobody pays any attention, that's why people just buy other stuff....that's why I wrote here in a hope that you can pass the message better, cause I don't know how to do it better, call Waterloo directly?
    11-22-12 12:30 AM

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but is there any indication from BlackBerry of their intention to include additional input languages on their BB10 devices? (... and perhaps Playbook as well?)

Several Cyrillic languages are missing (Ukrainian among them), several Asian languages are missing (Korean, Japanese)....

Interested to see if BB has plans to include these in future updates.
    03-26-13 11:03 AM
    Hey. Kevin. How about korean input keyboard on BB 10
    BBRY abandoned korean BB fans.
    03-26-13 03:54 PM
    Kevin, how about a spoken pig-latin. Ehh?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-26-13 08:02 PM

Hi Kevin,

Obviously, nobody at BB paid attention to numerous requests to add Ukrainian to their line-up of languages. Ukrainian is actively used by way more people than Basque, Catalan and Galician put together, but yet, it is not included. IT IS TRULY PATHETIC, BLACKBERRY! Like many other people, I have to write e-mails and sms messages in Ukrainian on a daily basis. And because of that glaring omission, it's a pain in the neck every time! Could you please check with them whether they will add it in the next month or so. If not - I am forced and pushed away by BB to go to other, much inferior platforms. Here is what I posted earlier today on the BB official forum:

The only provider in Ukraine offering BB phones and services is MTS Ukraine, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MTS, the largest Russian mobile operator. I have just got off the phone with them. Wanted to know whether they added a Ukrainian language option to the OS7 adapted for their network. Thought of downloading and installing their version on my Bold. The answer was: all their phones are sold with RUSSIAN keyboards and RUSSIAN language options. NO UKRAINIAN! When I asked a rep to explain how they can hope to meet the requirements of those who want to type in Ukrainian, without resorting to all those tricks, he said that third party options are available. Incredible! I suggested that they should call Vodafone in the UK and Germany and ask them why they give their users an option to type in English and Deutsch respectively, instead of having it all in French or Spanish.

If I don’t find a relatively easy solution to add Ukrainian to my typing options, I will have to (drowning in tears!) abandon the platform that I love so much, have been stubbornly, staunchly and enthusiastically supportive of, trying to convince everyone and their dogs that they should give it a shot ...

BLACKBERRY, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ON THIS ONE!!!
    rbvl, thymaster and kolok like this.
    12-04-13 11:34 AM
    I am also waiting for Ukrainian keyboard. 40+ million population in Ukraine and 50+ million of Ukrainians living overseas and BlackBerry can't create a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 06:30 AM
    Ukrainian Keys is available at BlackBerry World. Though it is not an inbuilt feature, but for the time being there is no other option, I guess.
    P.S. No advertising, though the app was written by me
    kolok likes this.
    01-26-14 11:09 AM
    I appreciate your app, but this is not a real solution for me. I want native keyboard, just like I can have one on my Android or iPhone, same goes for OS

Posted via CB10
    rbvl and kolok like this.
    02-09-14 04:13 AM
    Things haven't got forward an inch
    08-22-14 06:05 AM
    Well I just tried responding here in Ukrainian and it wasn't recognized where is Kevin? Crackberry doesn't allow you to use other languages
    08-22-14 07:23 AM
    Btw, how to correct the name of this topic (Ukrainian instead of Ukrainien)?
    09-05-14 09:51 AM
    I am a Ukrainian Canadian from Ottawa and currently travelling in Europe. With all the Ukrainian speaking Canadians and the ones I meet in Europe, it is shocking BlackBerry cannot provide this feature. Shame on Blackberry. BlackBerry still not interested being #1 in customer support.
    02-12-15 05:07 AM
    For whatever it's worth, my corner of BlackBerry Nation is praying for the boys in Debaltseve.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:56 AM
    NEED Ukrainian Input Language !!! Otherwise PUTIN will put his military all over Ukraine !!!
    Lol poka

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    02-12-15 10:07 AM
    Actually it's very strange that 10.3 supports Ukrainian dictation and still doesn't have Ukrainian keyboard layout. Really frustrating

Update: Noticed that %b and %B macros work now, so you can create some substitution shortcuts to insert missing Ukrainian characters.

For example, add:
    г -> %bґ%B for ґ
    гг -> ґ%B for initial ґ
    Important: you should uncheck "Always use this capitalization" flag for these substitution shortcuts

Then input space-G-space for ґ and space-GG-space for inital ґ:
    а г рус for аґрус
    у гг азди for у ґазди

For other Ukrainian letters I use the following shortcuts (you should add %b and %B as in the example for ґ)

ы -> і (space-Y-space) *
    ыы -> initial і (space-YY-space)
    ь -> ї (space-JJ-space) **
    ъ -> initial ї (space-JJJ-space)
    е -> є (space-E-space)
    ё -> initial є (space-EE-space)

Ukrainien input on BB devices-img_20150320_113248.png
    * I don't use "и -> і" because of existence of the Russian word "и"
    ** I don't use "й -> ї" because of existence of the Ukrainian word "й"
    Last edited by rbvl; 03-20-15 at 04:40 AM.
    Rebelllious likes this.
    03-19-15 10:41 AM
    rbvl, thank you! It works! This approach is much better than additional app with on-screen keyboard and need to copy-past text. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:35 AM
    I'm struggling also... need Ukrainian keyboard ASAP! Please guys do something...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:26 AM
    Does this macros work in 10.3.2.2474? I have issue with it. The first space that was automatically removed before upgrade is not removed after upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:07 AM
    BlackBerry was and is never serious in supporting international languages. Even French is a 'second-class citizen' on BlackBerry keyboards.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-03-15 01:48 AM
30 12