So where is it? Today is Feb 1st and day 2 of the Z10 being on sale is underway in the UK, so where are the user impressions? Where are the stories behind how it's going (I know there was the one piece about phone but that's it). What about availability? Mostly though I'm waiting for those user impressions.
    02-01-13 06:22 AM
    The UK LAUNCH was on the 30th, just like the rest of the world.
    The UK RELEASE was yesterday.
    02-01-13 06:25 AM
    Okay, sure, RELEASE then. Slight change in wording doesn't change the underlying question....where are those user reviews I'm waiting patiently for??
    VanMtl likes this.
    02-01-13 06:32 AM
    Hey...wait a second, on a re-read, I never said "Launch" or "Release", just said "sale is underway".
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-01-13 06:35 AM
    I walked in to Carphone Wharehouse on High Street Ken in London yesterday. The salesman told he had great interest on the account, this was around mid day. I'm speaking to EE.co.uk and apparently reaction is, very very positive. Of course check Ebay and see phones are going for $1500-$1700 as of yesterday..

I am surprised, I expected a poor reception as no keyboard.
    02-01-13 06:36 AM
    Great marketing strategy by Frank Boulben.

In a couple of days time we'll see a US superbowl ad in the US, a market who CAN'T buy the phone until mid March,

whereas in the UK for those who CAN buy the phone, there's not a single advert, most people are not even aware about the new phone, I've got people texting me asking me if the Z10 is out and if I've bought it cause I've been banging on about it for decades.

$4million well spent?
    02-01-13 06:36 AM
    You know, it's hard not to agree with you that, well, here we go again with RIM marketing. Here in Canada (outside of K/W), I've seen no ads for the phone. Sure, there's the Superbowl one coming up on Sunday, but no lead up. The phone will be available in 4 days but other than media talk, there's nothing. Luckily, most mass media talk up here has been positive, but that's a risky thing to rely on.

I really hope RIM (yes, I know, Blackberry) isn't planning on winning market share back with one hopefully well done Superbowl ad with their usual lackluster follow-up.

Good to hear though that response despite lack of marketing has been good so far. Now, if only actual users would post their opinions/observations.
    02-01-13 06:56 AM
    There is next to zero advertising here the uk.
    02-01-13 06:58 AM
    Maybe they are waiting for the free advertising to stop before hitting everyone with paid advertising?
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-01-13 07:02 AM
    You know, it's hard not to agree with you that, well, here we go again with RIM marketing. Here in Canada (outside of K/W), I've seen no ads for the phone. Sure, there's the Superbowl one coming up on Sunday, but no lead up. The phone will be available in 4 days but other than media talk, there's nothing. Luckily, most mass media talk up here has been positive, but that's a risky thing to rely on.

I really hope RIM (yes, I know, Blackberry) isn't planning on winning market share back with one hopefully well done Superbowl ad with their usual lackluster follow-up.

Good to hear though that response despite lack of marketing has been good so far. Now, if only actual users would post their opinions/observations.
    you missed on launch day they were all over on national tv all day? that does not count?
    02-01-13 07:20 AM
    you missed on launch day they were all over on national tv all day? that does not count?
    No it doesn't count because this thread is about the UK launch, and here in the UK there has not been hardly any "national" news about Blackberry besides some embarrassing lead up interviews from the BBC asking questions about what went wrong at RIM etc etc which in my opinion was handed badly.

What people are forgetting, the UK IS THE FIRST place on earth you can officially buy the Z10, and there's NO adverts here.
    02-01-13 07:26 AM
    there was a full back page colour ad on the back of the 'i' paper yesterday
    02-01-13 07:35 AM
    they said that the superbowl ad will kick off the global marketing campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if we were flooded with BlackBerry 10 in launch markets next week. In the US the marketing needs to go to restoring the brand so I'm not surprised by seeing the superbowl advert airing there. In the UK and Canada these adverts will drive sales after people see them 2-10 times and get intrigued by the device. I think waiting for the big bang superbowl advert launch is risky, but could pay off if the ad hits the right note.
    02-01-13 07:46 AM
    No it doesn't count because this thread is about the UK launch, and here in the UK there has not been hardly any "national" news about Blackberry besides some embarrassing lead up interviews from the BBC asking questions about what went wrong at RIM etc etc which in my opinion was handed badly.

What people are forgetting, the UK IS THE FIRST place on earth you can officially buy the Z10, and there's NO adverts here.
    you had the pop star, its something
    02-01-13 07:49 AM
    The z10 is in most of the shops. Carphone warehouse and phones4u are making a big deal of it with posters in windows and dedicated spaces inside the store. I tried the phone out and it was awesome. After a couple of minutes I was fluidly flicking sentences at the sky. Fantastic keyboard. Beautiful but clean user interface. The phone was lighter than I expected but I was comparing it to the (also beautiful) lumia 920.
    I went to every shop asking about it. The 02 guys insulted it saying it's impossible to use "needs a home button" lol. EE were positive. Carphone warehouse raved positively about it. All staff said it was great. The sweet girl that served me said "I'm not a blackberry fan but this phone is awesome" there was couple next to me eager to get their hands on it too.

But yeah I've not seen any noise other than those two outlets making a show of it.

By the way I didn't get my z10 I have bad credit rating due to refusing to pay my water bill (for political reasons). So my only options are to wait until my present provider (virgin) offer it or buy it outright ( which is too much money in one go). I'm so tempted to pay that lump though because bb10 felt awesome to use. I enjoy writing stories and the z10 is going to be a great tool for that.
    02-01-13 07:53 AM

Is that the radio interview? that was pretty bad, there was also an interview where the sub-text to the journalist's questions was "what's the point? This has already been done" and whoever Blackberry had put up for the interview was pretty bad at responding.
    02-01-13 08:22 AM
    this is an incredible amount of free media attention for a phone launch.
    no one even notices when android puts something out.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:29 AM
    this is an incredible amount of free media attention for a phone launch.
    no one even notices when android puts something out.
    Yes, there has been great media attention, no one is taking that away from Blackberry. The problem with your early marketing plan being to let the media do the lifting for you is you in no way control what the message will ultimately be. This seems to me to be a failure. It's working out okay so far, but what if the media turned against it, without a marketing effort behind it the message turns negative.

Back to the original topic (forget the marketing), I don't understand why Crackberry doesn't have a story on how day one went. No user opinions. No user reviews (that I've seen). One story showing a line up somewhere. That's it. I don't get it, the Z10 is on sale RIGHT NOW in one part of the world and there's no coverage of how it's going.
    02-01-13 09:09 AM

Actually this thread is about user "impressions", "stories", and "availability" from those in the UK that have gotten the phone. Not about advertising and the UK launch. It somehow got highjacked right out the gate.
    02-01-13 09:45 AM
    Yes, there has been great media attention, no one is taking that away from Blackberry. The problem with your early marketing plan being to let the media do the lifting for you is you in no way control what the message will ultimately be. This seems to me to be a failure. It's working out okay so far, but what if the media turned against it, without a marketing effort behind it the message turns negative.

Back to the original topic (forget the marketing), I don't understand why Crackberry doesn't have a story on how day one went. No user opinions. No user reviews (that I've seen). One story showing a line up somewhere. That's it. I don't get it, the Z10 is on sale RIGHT NOW in one part of the world and there's no coverage of how it's going.
    Agree with the 2nd paragraph.
    02-01-13 09:50 AM
    Before dispersing my ad dollars to the media I would be curious to see how they treat my product. In other words, if I get good press from your paper etc then you get my money. Holding off on ads allows this process to take place.
    02-01-13 10:35 AM
    02-01-13 10:59 AM
    Just saw that thread. Great write up!
    02-01-13 11:10 AM
    02-01-13 12:27 PM