Hey guys,
    which is the cheapest carrier in the UK? I need to buy a SIM card in the UK but I want to keep my device (BB 9700) because I don't want to have a new pin and lose my contacts.
    So I'm just looking for a SIM card with a data service to be enabled to use BBM.

Thanks!
    02-11-11 07:06 AM
    I'm going to assume you know that you need to Unlock the device..?

I don't know any in the UK but I think you have to be connected to wifi for BBM to work overseas,
    02-11-11 07:30 AM
    All the carriers in the UK do sim only deals for bb. Most of them will give you a set amount of free mins and texts as well as data dependant on you topping up every month. They normally require you top up at least �10 depending no which deal you take. My internet at work is pretty locked down so cant view the O2, vodafone, orange or three websites. Ive pasted the t-mobile link below but its worth checking the others sites too.

Tmobile - http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/free-...rry-sim-cards/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 07:38 AM
    You can't.

Read what I posted here please.
    02-11-11 07:44 AM
    You can't.

Read what I posted here please.
    As long as the OP's phone is unlocked so that he can put a UK sim card in it, why would BBM not work? Not arguing, I'm just curious.

Did you mean to put a link where you said "read what I posted here please"

02-11-11 08:05 AM
    I think my device is already unlocked. I have a branded 9700 but I'm using it with a SIM card of another carrier.

02-11-11 11:39 AM
    I think my device is already unlocked. I have a branded 9700 but I'm using it with a SIM card of another carrier.

ok, so first make sure ur sim is unlocked.

OS6 check
    Options> device> advanced system settings> sim card> type MEPD

OS5 check
    Options> advanced options> sim card> type MEPD

your looking for SIMDisabled and NetworkDisabled.

now your best bet could be a vodafone PAYG sim. they are giving away FREE BIS until end of june, so all you would pay is the data (for which they sell packs or on an adhoc basis).

it really does depend on how long you wish to use it, and also where your gonna use it, if you know people where you are going, ask them what networks best for signal so you can go from there.
    02-11-11 11:53 AM
    Yes, both SIM and Network are 'disabled'.

Hmmm until end of June?
    I'm getting some informations about this, but now I'm still in my country and I will move to the UK at the end of July.
    I will be there for some months, so I really need something good because it's not a vacation!
    02-13-11 07:08 AM
    Yes, both SIM and Network are 'disabled'.

Hmmm until end of June?
    I'm getting some informations about this, but now I'm still in my country and I will move to the UK at the end of July.
    I will be there for some months, so I really need something good because it's not a vacation!

You could try Orange UK on a monthly rolling contract. Give them a ring, and you'll be able to get a BB orientated plan just fine.
    02-13-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD