***I posted this once, but lets try again***

My Pearl 8100 is working fine, but I cannot receive or send texts or calls. It shows all the signal bars, no sim card errors or anything. Then whenever I go to call (because it looks like I have signal) A small arrow flashes repeatedly and then it says call failed then says searching for network, even though there was clearly one present at the time of the call. HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    Here a few pics to show exactly what im talking about... my numbers were blacked out for privacy reasons, thanks!!

05-07-08 04:18 AM
    wow that sucks
    i havent had data at my work for well over a week now
    but only in a 6 block radius around my work
    05-07-08 04:22 AM
    Don't think theres anything wrong with your phone, it's either a carrier problem or more likely you're in a bad coverage area....has it worked in that area before ?

You should be able to send texts if the area is weak.
    Can you move about to different areas to see if you get the same problem or get a connection ?
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 05-07-08 at 04:53 AM.
    05-07-08 04:50 AM
    Yeah...I was at school in Louisville when it stopped working. It's funny though because there are 3 other phones on the plan and mine is the one that doesn't work. I am also the only BB. So I dont know if ATT is switching EDGE to GSM but it just recently started to say GSM... so, IDK, I've tried everything I could think of.
    05-07-08 05:27 AM
    im going to go ahead and assume youve tried a battery pull...?

have you called att and asked them about it? if all your other phones on your plan are working, then it has to be a problem with your phone. i would try getting a new one if all else fails. thats super odd.
    05-07-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD