"This morning, Chrysler launched a new update to UConnect: UConnect Access Via Mobile. It builds on Chrysler�s philosophy of sensible connectivity � which has been all the more appreciated after Ford and BMW went for �feature lists� and ended up with harshly criticized (and, in Ford�s case, buggy) systems...."

Read more at: News: UConnect Access Via Mobile, dealer-activated nav
    Text copyright � Allpar, LLC, publishers of the massive Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and other Mopar site allpar.com
    News: UConnect Access Via Mobile, dealer-activated nav
    01-07-13 12:45 PM
    Chrysler also re-announced the ability to activate a navigation system on a car that was not ordered with one. According to Marios Zenios (Vice President of Uconnect Systems and Services), this is an industry first, “…a ‘no-customer-left-behind’ attitude.”*The *move will be especially handy for used-car buyers.

Nice that QNX also has a market other than off the assembly line! Smart thinking indeed by Chrysler.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-07-13 01:37 PM
    UConnect is based on QNX and they have many Apps that the Playbook doesn't have. I don't get it. Aha, iHeartRadio, Pandora, TuneIn are all on Uconnect and QNX Car 2 but not on Playbook.
    01-07-13 03:04 PM
    I'm thinking we will see those apps soon when BB10 is officially released.
    01-08-13 05:55 AM
    UConnect is based on QNX and they have many Apps that the Playbook doesn't have. I don't get it. Aha, iHeartRadio, Pandora, TuneIn are all on Uconnect and QNX Car 2 but not on Playbook.
    That's because RIM has nothing to do with the agreements that are in place between the devs and Chrysler. QNX is simply the base OS. It isn't BlackBerry running UConnect
    walt63 likes this.
    01-08-13 08:26 AM
    Exactly, when I think of QNX setting standards I think Dolby, THX, Blueray, Bluetooth and so forth, the actual media is secondary to such, yet that's where BB10 comes into play. One arm of RIM (QNX) sets standard and the other arm of RIM (BB10) feeds into those standards to tie it all in, friggin brilliant if you ask me.
    That's because RIM has nothing to do with the agreements that are in place between the devs and Chrysler. QNX is simply the base OS. It isn't BlackBerry running UConnect
    01-08-13 09:32 AM
    RIM – BB10 True End-Game is QNX & NOC! � Serious Mobile
    01-08-13 09:36 AM
    I used UConnect in my uncle's Chrysler mini van. I thought UConnect has horrible UI. It may be powered by QNX in the backend but the front-end sucks!
    01-08-13 11:46 AM
    Well this is slick.

Updated my Z10 to 10.2.0.1047 last nite.

Had to re-pair my phone with my 2011 Jeep GC with Uconnect.

So I get a screen on myZ10 asking what I'm driving? I check Jeep.

Now on my lock screen when I begin to swipe up, it says I'm UConnected to Jeep.

And, my Jeep read the phones name in a female voice. Not my own like when I first programed it.

Nice touch.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 03:37 PM
    I used UConnect in my uncle's Chrysler mini van. I thought UConnect has horrible UI. It may be powered by QNX in the backend but the front-end sucks!
    The older one doesn't compare to the new version. I don't the mini vans have it yet. Just the Grand Cherokee, Dart, Wrangler, 300 and Charger.
    08-04-13 07:54 AM
    Resistance is futile.

UConnect Via Mobile announced in Dodge/Chrysler Vehicles-dsc_6895.jpg
    dusdal likes this.
    08-05-13 06:24 PM
    The older one doesn't compare to the new version. I don't the mini vans have it yet. Just the Grand Cherokee, Dart, Wrangler, 300 and Charger.
    Ya the older version of uconnect was/is indeed garbage. I work on the assembly line building the Chrysler 300, dodge charger and dodge challenger and the new version of uconnect is awesome. Works really well.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-05-13 06:33 PM