It won't happen. Bbry can easily code these Os to do this, and already could be working on it trying to make it work 100%. Maybe that's why they haven't released the z10 dock with hdmi. Never know with BlackBerry these days, but I'd expect they have something up.there sleeves.

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-27-13 11:00 PM
    I believe Marky S is quite pleased with that number.
    Considering it went up < 0.5 mil in one day I don't think that's a good thing.
    07-27-13 11:31 PM
    I think I may buy Ubuntu seeing how it's not carrier related. I'm really interested in buying this phone now. I think ill support this campaign.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 03:36 AM
    Considering it went up < 0.5 mil in one day I don't think that's a good thing.
    It's not going to increase by exactly $1 million per day. What's probably slowing them down is their enterprise packages. They've sold none.
    07-28-13 09:42 AM
    It doesn't look like it will happen though. Only $9.4 of $32 million raised with 12 days to go.
    Ubuntu Edge | Indiegogo
    Will Shuttleworth step in with about $20 million of his own coin?
    08-10-13 11:26 AM
    I think I may buy Ubuntu seeing how it's not carrier related. I'm really interested in buying this phone now. I think ill support this campaign.

Posted via CB10
    Urbantu looks promising, but my days off being an early adoptee for a brand new platform are over. They will probably go through the same growing pains and fustrations that the early versions of Android and ios went through before they matured.

I am not sure whether the general public will be prepared to wait for their OS to mature and offer the same functionality and user experience as others out there.

For me, it will be a wait and see process until they have the apps and a healthy ecosystem before I will even consider buying.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    08-10-13 03:46 PM
    I just got off the phone with Xbox Support, which made me realize that if I were to get a Windows Phone, then I would have to deal with the drooling idiots at Microsoft much more often than necessary.

Shame this doesn't look like it'll get funded.
    08-10-13 11:37 PM
    It won't happen. Bbry can easily code these Os to do this, and already could be working on it trying to make it work 100%. Maybe that's why they haven't released the z10 dock with hdmi. Never know with BlackBerry these days, but I'd expect they have something up.there sleeves.

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    BlackBerry can't even get their new smartphone to work in landscape orientation so the BlackBerry HDMI dock is dead in the water. Why can't BlackBerry do anything right? Sure as Hell not the same company that pioneered the mobile messaging industry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    bekkay likes this.
    08-11-13 04:34 AM
    In my opinion, I don't think Ubuntu will push mobile computing into the forefront that quickly...no one in the mainstream talks about Ubuntu very much. Furthermore, it is the geek audience that the platform is targeting. It is open source and yet doesn't have vendors making products for it.

It just doesn't seem to be a plateau for mainstream users to even recognize, much less employ for mobile computing.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:44 AM
    BlackBerry can't even get their new smartphone to work in landscape orientation so the BlackBerry HDMI dock is dead in the water. Why can't BlackBerry do anything right? Sure as Hell not the same company that pioneered the mobile messaging industry.
    The disturbing thing is Thorsten Heins doesn't seem to care about details like that as it affects a small number of users.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    08-11-13 09:56 AM
    The disturbing thing is Thorsten Heins doesn't seem to care about details like that as it affects a small number of users.
    I don't believe the lack of landscape mode is due to a lack of caring so much as it is probably on the back burner. Right now they seem to be focused on adding enhanced and new features with every os update. It will probably show up when they are closer to the vision of mobile computing they have.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:07 AM
    Everybody needs to also remember that BlackBerry let go of a lot of experienced java developers due to the move to bb10.

The QNX team while im sure experienced is also doing all the other projects this os is involved with (auto), as well as phones and they have less resources to pump out updates and features.

That being said update cycle is pretty good so far 3 updates a year beats the he'll out of IOS.

Let's hope blackberry has some kool tricks up their sleeves, let's see what this OS is really capable of..

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:57 PM
262 ... 91011