Anyone think this looks a little similar from what RIM has been showing off with BlackBerry 10?

Looks neat, but I like BlackBerry 10 more.
    01-02-13 12:53 PM
    Not really, no. More like Android.

For those interested in the Phone part of the video Ubuntu for phones - Industry proposition - YouTube (or FF to 06:38)
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    01-02-13 01:10 PM
    Ubuntu looks good acutally still BB10 but would consider it.
    01-02-13 01:14 PM
    Uhh, how does that look like BB10?

Seems more Androidish
    01-02-13 01:16 PM
    And this video shows Ubuntu Linux running a smartphone and display sent to a HDTV monitor.
    01-02-13 01:23 PM
    Uhh, how does that look like BB10?

Seems more Androidish
    The gestures, the opened apps, changing apps, etc. All BB10-esque. Sure, it looks like Android, but BB10 is written all over it it. (From whom did BB10 get its ideas?)
    01-02-13 02:39 PM
    01-02-13 02:40 PM
    the only things I want from Ubuntu is something like Gnome Zeitgeist, Amarok, and Compiz oh and Steam for gaming. That said I'm sure you would be able to customize the heck out of it which is good since Ubuntu is just ugly and especially that lock screen gl flower thing. I think it would be better than Android but in the video making its way around it looks very laggy and unorganized/immature. I would definitely consider it if BB10 doesn't offer similar features or plan on them. Linux has a lot of serious apps that "could" be ported to BB10 but then again you wouldn't need to.
    01-02-13 02:40 PM
    Hmmm... Interesting. If this existed now I would be tempted to get it just being an Ubuntu user myself. Productivity and communication would be seemless between each device. I would probably I would also hope it could be customizable a bit. Lockscreen and colour schemes at least. Either way I'll be sticking with BB10 until this becomes a feasible option.
    01-02-13 05:54 PM
    When we look at the IOS environment, with desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone, they are closest to the whole unified concept. That being said, in my estimation, they have missed the boat, and certainly have not, I believe, marketed the whole mobile computing platform concept like Thorsten has. It is like the whole concept is now reaching top of mind awareness, with mindshare growing. Ubuntu will help create the "need". The advantage is that BlackBerry is poised, with BB10, to meet that mindshare.
    01-03-13 04:09 AM
    When we look at the IOS environment, with desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone, they are closest to the whole unified concept. That being said, in my estimation, they have missed the boat, and certainly have not, I believe, marketed the whole mobile computing platform concept like Thorsten has. It is like the whole concept is now reaching top of mind awareness, with mindshare growing. Ubuntu will help create the "need". The advantage is that BlackBerry is poised, with BB10, to meet that mindshare.
    I'm sorry, but what does this even mean?

BB10 isn't anywhere near that dream just yet.
    01-04-13 01:05 AM
    Unified concept, true, in that they've made their OS as vanilla as possible, and people are starting to tire or plain 'ol vanilla. Now their latest innovation about to sweep the nation: iPhone-color. [/BenSteinWow]

People have said that we don't need another OS. We have enough, right? There's no market/room. Well, no one knew about an iPhone or an Android until they came in and created a demand. The smartphone universe is still expanding, and I don't believe we've seen the last OS yet.
    01-04-13 02:22 AM