02-02-13 03:01 PM
54 123
tools
    Its not about the waiting so much as other countries already having the device and showing interest where the US isn't. Just look around, a phone of this magnitude and NO interest from all four major carriers in the US? Whats wrong with that picture.
    how much of this is apple and samsung strong arming the carriers. seems to me that the carriers are pushing it so that the phones are releast around the same time as other phones are coming out, why!
    02-02-13 09:55 AM
    Then Blackberry IMO made a tactical error by holding their big launch event in New York, a U.S. city, on 1/30 if the first devices aren't going to be out until March. They should have had their big announcement in major markets receiving the new Blackberry 10 smartphones first, like say in Toronto (Canada) and/or London (UK), and then held another event in early March in NYC shortly before the first BB 10 devices hit the shelves in the U.S.

When you think about getting bang for the buck advertising-wise and the fact Blackberry is showing a Super Bowl commercial, they really should have launched in the U.S. first (or at least as early as some of their other early markets). They have their Super Bowl commercial and bam, the first BB 10 smartphones hit the shelves within a week after the commercial. If they knew they weren't going to launch until March in the U.S., then don't waste your money on a Super Bowl commercial. Just my 2 cents.
    In fact, this is what Samsung did with the GSIII. But what do they know ....
    02-02-13 12:16 PM
    Don't most company announced phones launch month(s) later? The only ones I can recall within a week's time is the iPhone and Nexus.

Samsung Galaxy S III took a month
    Nokia Lumia 920 was two month
    HTC One X was two months

Also, Europe got their versions of the above before the US.

If BB gave a 6 month lead time like Palm did with the Pre, then I'd be worried like everyone else.
    02-02-13 02:43 PM
    Personally, I would argue that BB wants to ignore the US. It's quite possible BB has accepted that their strength in the US is limited to corporate clients. Once you accept reality, their schedule doesn't seem surprising.

US marketing will be expensive. Why not market everywhere else and accept your fate?

Of course, it could just be that they remain incompetent. I mean, it's not like they ended the confusion surrounding bis on BB10.
    If they're truly about making money(or why be in business), I think it's more about going with areas that will have decent sales while trying to recapture those current/former BB owners thinking SOS, when it comes to RIM and deadlines.....in the U.S. I'm sure there will be more that eventually comes out about the latest delay....later.

sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-04-13 at 03:19 PM.
    02-02-13 03:01 PM
54 123