Who's to say? Sprint may have finished testing its Q10 and Verizon may also be done with its Z10, but until those phones with CDMA/LTE pass thru the FCC, we will not be seeing them anytime soon. Is that the carriers fault?

Can't say what's holding back ATT and TMo.

Either way everyone can run circles around who's at fault for a delay that's a month out. Maybe if old RIM saw the writing on the wall 5 years ago we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.
    That's a ton of conjecture. But the Bottom line is that the phones have not been approved. That would be the case regardless of whether "Old RIM" *Insert idiom here*.
    02-01-13 02:21 PM
    But the Bottom line is that the phones have not been approved.
    Is that not conjecture as well?
    02-01-13 02:41 PM
    Is that not conjecture as well?

No.

New FCC Approvals (Phone Scoop)
    02-01-13 03:03 PM
    Are any of the other phones listed there available now?
    02-01-13 03:14 PM
    Are any of the other phones listed there available now?
    Unknown. I have not spent the enough time to give an educated answer to that question. Although, I'm guessing at this point none of the phones on that list are available Stateside. Could be wrong though.
    02-01-13 03:30 PM
    At this point, I blame the carriers (at&t being mine) cause Mr. Thor would've like to see everybody in the world with a BlackBerry10 device in their hands, including us Americans. I'm waiting patiently for my Z10 in March, so I don't care about no GalaxyS3, GalaxyS4, IPhone 5, IPhone 5s or 6. I've seen a whole bunch of reviews and videos on the Z10 that i'm already sold to get one. I'm a BlackBerry faithful till day one and now faithful with BlackBerry10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 03:40 PM
    I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Phone Scoop basket. There appears to be a second device that passed.
    Manufacturers have the ability to hide details about a device in FCC documents. So whether or not the second version is CDMA version is up for speculation.

Months ago RIM said the US would be a month after launch. From the tweets today is seems like that is still the plan.
    02-01-13 03:56 PM
    I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Phone Scoop basket. There appears to be a second device that passed.
    Manufacturers have the ability to hide details about a device in FCC documents. So whether or not the second version is CDMA version is up for speculation.

Months ago RIM said the US would be a month after launch. From the tweets today is seems like that is still the plan.
    You're right. But that other phone is not the CDMA Z10. There is a seperate page for that phone.

I don't trust phone scoop as far as I can throw them, but they had the info.
    02-01-13 04:00 PM
    I thought BB cleared FCC long time ago..just do bit ot searching..what was that approval besides FIPS-140
    02-01-13 04:49 PM
    So, no Sprint, eh?....
    Are U.S. Carriers Really Enthused About BlackBerry 10?-saywhat.jpg
    02-01-13 04:50 PM
    I really think Rim screwed up in U S. If yoh have a commercial you bettef have it available to buy. Think of the thousands who will try and buy after the commercial is aired and not being able to do so. You might get away with it in the auto market but smartphones move fast and come out faster
    02-01-13 04:51 PM
    OK, I believe this says it all. I emailed VZW to express my disappointment over the late availability of the BB10 phones. Here's the answer which I found very interesting:

Hello,
    I'm Shawn and I definitely understand wanting the latest and greatest phone from Blackberry. Please understand that Verizon Wireless does not manufacture the phones and can only release a phone to our customers once it's been approved by the manufacturing company. To get an idea of why the phone is not available in the US until March, please contact RIM/Blackberry at 877-255-2377 or visit their contact site at BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Contact Research In Motion (RIM) - US.
    Thank you for being a part of the Verizon Wireless family since 1991. Please enjoy your weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Shawn

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    02-01-13 04:53 PM
    Can I have an email address so i can harass them as well? Maybe if enough of do it ll get released sooner.
    02-01-13 05:10 PM
    Can I have an email address so i can harass them as well? Maybe if enough of do it ll get released sooner.
    I went on their site to send the email. But by reading this email it looks to be a manufacturer's issue, not Verizon's.
    02-01-13 05:29 PM
    Regardless of whose fault it is - the U.S. carriers', the FCC's, or RIM's Blackberry's - that apparently there will be at least a one month delay before Blackberry 10 smartphones will be released on any U.S. carrier, I'm almost definite most consumers interested in the new Blackberry 10 who aren't "in the know" will blame one entity for the delay. And I'm pretty confident the entity won't be the carriers or the FCC. This likely reaction is especially true when you consider that when Apple, Google and the Android OS OEMs, and Microsoft and the Windows Phone OEMs have generally made new device announcements, those devices have been available at carriers within a week, two weeks at most.

BTW, I don't think running a Super Bowl commercial and possibly getting the general public interested/excited about Blackberry 10 devices and then turning around and saying "but the devices won't be out until March" is a very good idea. Really, that's shooting yourself in the foot, and as liable to turn people off as it is to turn people on. There are probably people out there who are former Blackberry users but moved to something else a while back who will be saying "nothing has changed, there's Blackberry with ANOTHER delay".

I say all of the above as someone who isn't a Blackberry diehard but IS someone who would like to see Blackberry 10 devices be solid performers sales-wise.
    02-01-13 06:55 PM
    I'm wondering whether BlackBerry decided, at least in part, to get sales started in the most enthusiastic countries to get some worldwide buzz going. Our excellent American friends here notwithstanding, it seems the US market is lukewarm to the brand, at best, and perhaps they're hoping that a positive reception outside the US might actually increase enthusiasm among the skeptics there when it's finally released. It would have to be enough to outweigh the huge disappointment of the existing fan base and I'm not a skilled enough sociologist to be able to make that calculation. I really don't think it would be the entire reason but maybe it's part of the overall calculation. I think we can all agree that the hardware is excellent and the software is outstanding but emotions still play a huge part in people's decision making and it's clear from many of the tech reviewers that negative emotion is still retarding their thought processes.

Having said that, they're risking a lot of Super Bowl money on a population that whose committed supporters are still P.O.'d.
    02-01-13 07:41 PM
    I'm really starting to believe BB decided to stagger the release placing the US last to give them time to iron out any UI/software issues. This will insure a more polished and slick experience also allowing more apps to come online for the US market.
    This decision basically amounts to BB consciously deciding to take some heat now and deliver a polished product rather than risk releasing a phone with deficiencies calling to mind the playbook release.
    02-01-13 09:05 PM
    I'm really starting to believe BB decided to stagger the release placing the US last to give them time to iron out any UI/software issues. This will insure a more polished and slick experience also allowing more apps to come online for the US market.
    This decision basically amounts to BB consciously deciding to take some heat now and deliver a polished product rather than risk releasing a phone with deficiencies calling to mind the playbook release.
    Yea, it's like my friends, the Brits and the Canadians, can be the beta testers!! <<<still trying to stay positive here>>>
    02-01-13 09:19 PM
    That's a ton of conjecture. But the Bottom line is that the phones have not been approved. That would be the case regardless of whether "Old RIM" *Insert idiom here*.
    Exactly. People are going in circles and spewing out threads upon threads all over CB how someone and their mom is at fault. Nothing pointed to a US launch immediately after the Big announcement other than over zealous fanboys with "inside" info.

Edit I was mixing up my Z and Q stuff.

All we got is the Q is coming in April.
    02-01-13 10:26 PM

That second device was another GSM Z10. As of right now there's nothing to find on a CDMA Z or either variant of the Q.
    02-01-13 10:56 PM
    I don't know the reasons or even care to speculate about them but Heins himself said it would be a staggered release.
    BlackBerry 10 Will Launch in 3 Waves, says Thorsten Heins - N4BB

You can find other statements from 6 months ago saying the US release would be about a month after launch.

I am really surprised with the blame game going on around here based on nothing. I thought it was common knowledge the US would be one of the last to get BB10 phones. I have tried to inject some reality into some of these threads but it seems to go unnoticed. I guess some just like to complain. Whether or not the phones launch on any carrier March 1st remains to be seen but as of right now, it's on schedule.
    02-02-13 12:37 AM
    I am really surprised with the blame game going on around here based on nothing. I thought it was common knowledge the US would be one of the last to get BB10 phones. I have tried to inject some reality into some of these threads but it seems to go unnoticed. I guess some just like to complain. Whether or not the phones launch on any carrier March 1st remains to be seen but as of right now, it's on schedule.
    Then Blackberry IMO made a tactical error by holding their big launch event in New York, a U.S. city, on 1/30 if the first devices aren't going to be out until March. They should have had their big announcement in major markets receiving the new Blackberry 10 smartphones first, like say in Toronto (Canada) and/or London (UK), and then held another event in early March in NYC shortly before the first BB 10 devices hit the shelves in the U.S.

When you think about getting bang for the buck advertising-wise and the fact Blackberry is showing a Super Bowl commercial, they really should have launched in the U.S. first (or at least as early as some of their other early markets). They have their Super Bowl commercial and bam, the first BB 10 smartphones hit the shelves within a week after the commercial. If they knew they weren't going to launch until March in the U.S., then don't waste your money on a Super Bowl commercial. Just my 2 cents.
    02-02-13 07:52 AM
    If they knew they weren't going to launch until March in the U.S., then don't waste your money on a Super Bowl commercial. Just my 2 cents.
    That depends entirely on their advertising campaign. It's very possible that they intended all along to run 4-6 weeks of build-up advertisement before availability.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 07:56 AM
    That depends entirely on their advertising campaign. It's very possible that they intended all along to run 4-6 weeks of build-up advertisement before availability.
    Yeah, get people excited about buying a BB 10 smartphone, have them go out to the store and find out it won't be available for a few weeks, and disappoint most of those people and have some of them opt to buy a different smartphone with a different operating system. That's sounds like a real good approach.
    02-02-13 09:40 AM
    Yeah, get people excited about buying a BB 10 smartphone, have them go out to the store and find out it won't be available for a few weeks, and disappoint most of those people and have some of them opt to buy a different smartphone with a different operating system. That's sounds like a real good approach.
    Again, depends entirely how they do it. For all we know, they won't even mention the brand - it will be a cumulative thing that 'reveals' the brand when the phones are available. Or something else entirely.
    My point is only that until we know what their plan is, it doesn't make sense to judge it. I think we can be fairly comfortable that a) this has been in planning for a very long time and b) that some very highly paid, intelligent people who actually understand how to run a marketing campaign are involved.

It makes sense to me to wait and see rather than jumping to conclusions - especially since we did receive indication months ago that the US launch would lag availability elsewhere. That seems to me something that they'd take into account when launching an advertising campaign...

That said, certainly I could be wrong. I expected the launch to announce more than they did, and am a bit concerned that they're still out of touch with expectations. But in any case, we'll find out tomorrow.
    Chaddface and northernrds like this.
    02-02-13 09:53 AM
54 123