And it starts and rightly so.
    The carriers have nothing to do with the FCC clearance.
    BB dropped the ball and forgot to pick it up either that or the
    US market is not that important to them. Should the US feel the same
    about BB too?

Tim
    Are U.S. Carriers Really Enthused About BlackBerry 10? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

There's a major disconnect between what BlackBerry is saying about U.S. carriers' enthusiasm for its platform, and what the carriers themselves are saying. Unless this gets cleared up, BlackBerry 10 could be headed for an even weaker launch than Windows Phone saw here in the U.S.
    BlackBerry didn't bring a single U.S. wireless carrier on stage at its BlackBerry 10 announcement in New York. It didn't announce a single hard date. In fact, according to Phone Scoop's Rich Brome, the BlackBerry Z10 models for Verizon and Sprint haven't even cleared the FCC yet, a necessary step that typically comes several weeks before a launch. The QWERTY-keyboarded Q10 will come even later than the Z10.

Compare this to BlackBerry's competitors and you'll see my concerns. At the U.S. Samsung Galaxy S III launch announcement on June 4, T-Mobile and Sprint gave June 21 release dates. When Apple announced the iPhone 5 on Sept. 12, it came with a Sept. 21 ship date on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. Windows Phone 8 device dates started appearing even before the platform's formal launch on Oct. 29; phones went on sale the following week.
    The U.S. carriers aren't even taking presales for the BlackBerry 10 phones, just collecting email addresses. There's a potential upside to this delay. Since BlackBerry 10 will be available in several other countries first, BlackBerry can beef up the application catalog and work out bugs before the software comes here. But if carriers are as vague about BlackBerry 10 at launch as they appear to be now, that bodes poorly for sales here in the U.S.

The delay between BlackBerry 10's announcement and an unspecified sale date could cause U.S. interest to drift. February is a great time to launch a phone here, with no major competitors. If the sale date floats into April, BlackBerry 10 goes up against a potential Samsung Galaxy S IV launch event and the arrival of the iPhone 5 on T-Mobile, both of which could steal much-needed thunder.
    BlackBerry 10 has been so long-awaited that it can't afford many more delays. For this OS to succeed, the carriers need to get it on shelves before the next round of iPhones and Android phones make it look like yesterday's news.
    jegs2, sgt50, Spencerdl and 4 others like this.
    01-31-13 11:04 AM
    Good find. I notice this is drawing no discussion.
    01-31-13 12:11 PM
    Well documented timelines and facts are hard to dispute. Those of us that have been an objective BB users have seen this too many times before.

This subject will come out more in the press over the next few days and will even further negatively affect folks opinion of BB and how controlling the carriers are in the US.

BB knows how long it takes for carrier and FCC cert. They keep dropping the ball. They simply didn't have the phones in the carriers hands soon enough.

And the carriers are dishing up some pay back for how Mike and Jim strong armed them with the os7 phones.

Either way or no matter what the cause this launch did not go well and BB sales will suffer for it.

I wish it wasn't true. Those that say otherwise are the same folks that said the PB launch went well and that It was the press that killed it.

For those that have a new BB enjoy it. Let us know how it does for you (different thread please). You got something we didn't.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Blacklatino and Acumenight like this.
    01-31-13 12:37 PM
    It's another opinion piece with nothing more to add to the conversation that hasn't been said already in multiple threads.
    Two phones have passed FCC. One meets ATT requirements. The other?
    arrodiii likes this.
    01-31-13 12:50 PM
    Anyone give a thought to US carriers being pissed about BBM voice. They did take forever for facetime over their networks.
    01-31-13 12:54 PM
    I don't put much credence in this. The FCC had both the GSM and CDMA version of BB10 and only approved one (GSM) to this point. Considering that VZW is has something like 100 Million subscibers and Sprint (Cod-Dam Now Network! ) has ~50 Million, Half of the US's Population is using CDMA.

So if the FCC has not approved the CDMA version it can't be used and apparently, someone, somewhere is holding this up. We can place blame whereever our little hearts desire. The OP has been gracious enough to give it to BlackBerry. His evidence (while circumstantial at best) is the loudest, which makes it the must visible. However, the Facts are more deeply hidden and the truth more murky.

Like I've said before, there probably is no reason to sit on their hands when the UK, EU, Asia, and of course Au Canada (Or as BlackBerry calls it: "HOME" ) are covered while the FCC and the American Carriers get their ish together.

I don't like it, but I get the logic and I support it.
    zyben and Acumenight like this.
    01-31-13 01:42 PM
    If BB10 US release leaks into March and the S4 release, that will literally be Blackberry's death in this country...no two ways about it. It is looking like it'll be a struggle being released with no other major releases happening now, I can't imagine having them compete with Samsung's major phone release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Spencerdl and jegs2 like this.
    01-31-13 04:27 PM
    Personally, I would argue that BB wants to ignore the US. It's quite possible BB has accepted that their strength in the US is limited to corporate clients. Once you accept reality, their schedule doesn't seem surprising.

US marketing will be expensive. Why not market everywhere else and accept your fate?

Of course, it could just be that they remain incompetent. I mean, it's not like they ended the confusion surrounding bis on BB10.
    jegs2 likes this.
    01-31-13 04:38 PM
    They don't want to ignore the U.S. If they did then WTH are the superbowl commercials all about?
    01-31-13 04:47 PM
    The answer to the thread title.....NO, their not, its as simple as that.
    01-31-13 04:49 PM
    Why was Peter Misek (Jeffries analyst) saying over and over that the US carriers were very enthused about BB10 and they want it in their stores? He raised his stock target twice because of that. Negative nannies taking over CB forums. Such a depressing place now.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    01-31-13 04:53 PM
    If the SuperBowl commercial is geared towards US customers, I'm afraid that will be a waste of money. In the last month I've been in several (15) carrier stores and only one(1) even heard of the BB10. The BlackBerry market in the US is DEAD and with another delay.......well that speaks for itself........IT IS WHAT IT IS. The only people that want BlackBerry in the US, are diehard Blackberry enthusiast. Just explain how ALL four major carries in the U.S. of A. not have anything set in motion for a new release concerning a smartphone of this magnitude. I LOVE my BlackBerry and dying to have a Z10 in my hands, but the blaming game is OLD.
    ubizmo likes this.
    01-31-13 05:03 PM
    If the SuperBowl commercial is geared towards US customers, I'm afraid that will be a waste of money. In the last month I've been in several (15) carrier stores and only one(1) even heard of the BB10. The BlackBerry market in the US is DEAD and with another delay.......well that speaks for itself........IT IS WHAT IT IS. The only people that want BlackBerry in the US, are diehard Blackberry enthusiast. Just explain how ALL four major carries in the U.S. of A. not have anything set in motion for a new release concerning a smartphone of this magnitude. I LOVE my BlackBerry and dying to have a Z10 in my hands, but the blaming game is OLD.
    Really? You think people can't wait a month? Its a pretty standard wait time in the tech world.
    taz323 likes this.
    01-31-13 06:33 PM
    Really? You think people can't wait a month? Its a pretty standard wait time in the tech world.
    Its not about the waiting so much as other countries already having the device and showing interest where the US isn't. Just look around, a phone of this magnitude and NO interest from all four major carriers in the US? Whats wrong with that picture.
    01-31-13 06:51 PM
    Why was Peter Misek (Jeffries analyst) saying over and over that the US carriers were very enthused about BB10 and they want it in their stores? He raised his stock target twice because of that. Negative nannies taking over CB forums. Such a depressing place now.
    it was like this also after we heard about the delay in BB10 fall release. its just a blow to the excitement and people don't know how to react to it, they need to find soemthing to blame and the blame always falls on BlackBerry as they are the maker of the device. this whole thing with the US carriers could very well be the carriers fault and not BBs but no one will put the blame on them they will for it into BBs corner and say they should have had it out for FCC testing or they just don't want to make an impact on the US market, i mean how stupid can a person be to say one of the largest current markets won't want to even be broken on its idiotic.

the truth is something happend crap hit the fan and sales will surly suffer a bit with the delay, this is why the stock has taken a big hit. BB fans will buy the devices and once release i'm sure there will be good reviews as alot of the negative could be a product of the disappointment in the march release in the US, as most of the bears are located there with the current Blackberry perception things.
    01-31-13 06:53 PM
    BB held its big launch event in NY; it's spending millions of dollars on the Superbowl ad; they've already stated as a priority that they need to gain marketshare back in the US. How is anyone here arguing that BB is ignoring the US. Deal with the issue here people.. US carriers drop the ball here.. by mistake or on purpose.. it's hard to believe the "by mistake" part. Don't worry it's the US carriers that want RIM to succeed with their their brand new amazing phone (isn't that what they were saying?) - late and expensive --- Yeah right!
    01-31-13 07:09 PM
    BB held its big launch event in NY; it's spending millions of dollars on the Superbowl ad; they've already stated as a priority that they need to gain marketshare back in the US. How is anyone here arguing that BB is ignoring the US. Deal with the issue here people.. US carriers drop the ball here.. by mistake or on purpose.. it's hard to believe the "by mistake" part. Don't worry it's the US carriers that want RIM to succeed with their their brand new amazing phone (isn't that what they were saying?) - late and expensive --- Yeah right!
    US Carriers dropped the ball? What exactly did *they* lose out on? They will make as much profit with a March launch of BB10 compared to anything else. You are right, they don't care.
    02-01-13 08:41 AM
    Carriers are driven by money. They make little from someone who is already a customer moveing to Blackberry. What make a carrier happy is NEW customers with NEW contracts. They will have to judge how many new customers will move to them because of BB10. What is worst is they have already thought of all of this as a company like AT&T put their orders in for the new Blackberrys over 12 months ago.
    02-01-13 09:18 AM
    If I was a carrier looking to bring out a product that has lost significant marketshare quite quickly over the last couple of years, I would be making that company push as much hype (marketing dollars) to create excitement before I started selling it. The carriers are smart. Let BlackBerry spend millions of dollars (Thorsten Heins stated that they were putting hundreds of millions of dollars globally on this launch) all of February create awareness and excitement with the AVERAGE consumer. Though the diehard BB fans and tech geeks knew there was a launch in NeyYork this week, I bet the average customer didn't even have a clue. Why not? Because BlackBerry isn't a household name anymore and BlackBerry now has 6 weeks to help create awareness for the carriers. Makes sense to me.

Also, if the carriers didn't care, then all 4 wouldn't be bringing it on. No company takes on a product hoping it fails.
    02-01-13 10:03 AM
    If I was a carrier looking to bring out a product that has lost significant marketshare quite quickly over the last couple of years, I would be making that company push as much hype (marketing dollars) to create excitement before I started selling it. The carriers are smart. Let BlackBerry spend millions of dollars (Thorsten Heins stated that they were putting hundreds of millions of dollars globally on this launch) all of February create awareness and excitement with the AVERAGE consumer. Though the diehard BB fans and tech geeks knew there was a launch in NeyYork this week, I bet the average customer didn't even have a clue. Why not? Because BlackBerry isn't a household name anymore and BlackBerry now has 6 weeks to help create awareness for the carriers. Makes sense to me.

Also, if the carriers didn't care, then all 4 wouldn't be bringing it on. No company takes on a product hoping it fails.
    You make some good points, but I have to Respectfully Disagree with on how smart the carriers are. I'm a Sprint Customer, and I follow Sprint as a Company. They are in a $20 Billion Dollar deal with Apple, and they are STILL posting a loss. Check it Out. Sprint And Apple's iPhone: A Deal From **** - Seeking Alpha

Seriously, they willingly let Apple grab them by the Stones. Not too smart if you ask me.
    02-01-13 10:15 AM
    There you go, you heard it from the horse's mouth. It's the US Carriers fault. Now put some pressure on the carriers to speed up the process.

BlackBerry has said that all the carriers got the new phone at the same time, putting its wireless partners on equal footing when the testing began.
    source: BlackBerry Fans Wait as Carrier Scrutiny Causes U.S. Lag - Bloomberg
    02-01-13 11:59 AM
    There you go, you heard it from the horse's mouth. It's the US Carriers fault. Now put some pressure on the carriers to speed up the process.

source: BlackBerry Fans Wait as Carrier Scrutiny Causes U.S. Lag - Bloomberg
    Expanding on that is a CB entry from November 1st, 2012: What does it mean for RIM to be in carrier lab testing with BlackBerry 10? | CrackBerry.com

RIM publicly announced on October 31st that the Z10 was in lab testing for 50 carriers worldwide. You would have to think that the USA Big Four were a part of that group. Since none of the four has released the Z10 yet, is this delay on the FCC or some other American red tape nonsense? 3+ months of testing before launch seems reasonable to me. After all, the UK and Canada carriers were ready to go.
    02-01-13 01:16 PM
    Expanding on that is a CB entry from November 1st, 2012: What does it mean for RIM to be in carrier lab testing with BlackBerry 10? | CrackBerry.com

RIM publicly announced on October 31st that the Z10 was in lab testing for 50 carriers worldwide. You would have to think that the USA Big Four were a part of that group. Since none of the four has released the Z10 yet, is this delay on the FCC or some other American red tape nonsense? 3+ months of testing before launch seems reasonable to me. After all, the UK and Canada carriers were ready to go.
    Couldn't agree more. If I know the US Govn't, I know that there is a mountain of Red Tap to climb. The FCC approved the GMS version, so that is not the issue. But the CDMA version has not been approved. (To Date)

There is something somewhere acting as a stop gap.
    02-01-13 01:20 PM
    Who's to say? Sprint may have finished testing its Q10 and Verizon may also be done with its Z10, but until those phones with CDMA/LTE pass thru the FCC, we will not be seeing them anytime soon. Is that the carriers fault?

Can't say what's holding back ATT and TMo.

Either way everyone can run circles around who's at fault for a delay that's a month out. Maybe if old RIM saw the writing on the wall 5 years ago we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.
    trsbbs and enigma8817 like this.
    02-01-13 01:24 PM
    If it really is the FCC that is holding the ball. Someone needs to start writing some angry letters to the FCC to tell them to HURRY the $#*@ up!
    enigma8817 likes this.
    02-01-13 01:31 PM
54 123