I'm regularly seeing various threads over how people are going into Carrier stores or Best Buys, etc....and the staff there is bashing BB products or re-directing people to non-BB devices.

As I have tested this at various Future Shops, Best Buys, and Carrier stores, and haven't experienced that as of yet up here...

So, my question, is whether or not this is a predominantly U.S. strategy to encourage people to "buy American", and sabotage the Canadian company.

Food for thought.....
    07-19-12 12:58 AM
    My guess is that RIM sales reps are more effective closer to home. Still, I find I have to ask for BlackBerry products, sales clerks don't really promote them. At least I haven't experienced any derision.
    Old Davy likes this.
    07-19-12 06:59 PM
    Not true. Ive heard of people that used to work for bell and rogers that say when people come in to buy a BB they talk them into buy a crapple icrap
    07-19-12 07:16 PM
    I highly doubt this is the case. Anyone who wants to "buy American" will purchase something that was assembled in the US, made from parts manufactured in the US, and sold by a locally owned retailer. Most any electronic device, especially cell phones do not fit in the category. Apple may be a US company, but the devices are imported from other countries. Even other popular devices like Samsung are not from US companies.

They bash on the BB because they be hatin' the BB. BB's big brother BB10 will teach them a lesson about hatin' on the BB.
    bungaboy and Old Davy like this.
    07-19-12 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD