Absolutely. People say does BlackBerry exist still? Well the headlines will show yes they do.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 02:25 PM
    They keep doing those numbers, at that price, month on month and they're going to break even quick. Frankly i am surprised they sold as many as that - and can produce 10,000 a month!?

Sent from Tapatalk
    Would be interesting to see their return rate, if CB Kev has broken three of the things already. If not the court case, let's hope that will break their business model, if it's based on knock-off products.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-06-14 02:35 PM
    It not a simple as you make it sound. To buy a company, the company that you are trying to buy has to want to be bought out. Who says Typo want to sell out to Blackberry?
    Who says BlackBerry would want Typo? They've got to make a better quality product first, from the sounds of things.
    02-06-14 02:36 PM
    In some circumstances, if a company which is a huge company can buy out a smaller company, if the bigger company puts in an offer than satisfies all shareholders. Then they are obliged to sell even if they didn't want to. (whether this is true or not, it was on TV lol) it's apparently called a bear hug!

Posted via CB10
    True for publicly traded corps, not private corps, not sure which side typo lands on though

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:46 PM
    Speaking as a Q10 owner, I hope they burn in hell along with Seacrest. LOL. Kill it with fire! There are many BT keyboard cases out there. Not one copied BlackBerry's exact keyboard like Typo. What a bunch of arrogant pricks. They even went around saying it's like a BlackBerry keyboard. Yeah. Like a BlackBerry Q10 keyboard. Almost exactly like one.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:22 PM
    This is really funny.

It's like a smaller car maker <Typo>, makes an exactly replica model of another brand's <BlackBerry> (which is a household name, now under performing/struggling) iconic car design (keyboard design).

States reasons are like cause they are struggling, different price point, add-on secondary car to those who already own another car (iPhone), and activation warranty from car maker's security company (warranty dealings with carrier).

Hope i'm making some sense here, sounded easier saying it out than describing it as words. A copy is copy no?
    irweezyy likes this.
    02-06-14 07:32 PM
    I don't see how they can win, especially since Seacrest said the BlackBerry was the inspiration for the typo and to come out like the BlackBerry keyboard is not random.

Their position to say BlackBerry want to monopolize the keyboard market is foolish at best. I don't remember BlackBerry going after the countless phone makers and their crappy models.

Z10 all they way!
    02-06-14 08:13 PM
    So I made a Typo myself?
    Actually, two. You typed to instead of too...
    MrGlenn likes this.
    02-06-14 08:14 PM
    BlackBerry should just buy Typo. Simple and straight forward. Problem solved
    So they should be out millions of dollars and then not sell it? Not simple or straight forward.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:08 PM
    there were no cell phones in the 80's. this new claim by them is a farce. I was one of the first to use a cell phone. It was in Basil Dobbin's car, Co-owner of Canadian Helicopters. I hung out with his son and he had the very first mobile and it was a rotary dial phone that was hooked up n his car... Seacrust is worried now because he's grasping at straws. False claims.
    IIRC 80's (or was it 90's?) was the era of pagers, and they did indeed have qwerty keyboards. However, I agree that the typo team is grasping at straws. Even an ***** can see the resemblance. I hope BlackBerry not only wins this, but also force them to go bankrupt and pay as much money as possible to BlackBerry.

Seriously, copycats are one of the worst. Copycats that insult the original ARE the worst

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 10:30 PM
    How the mighty have fallen... instead of figuring out how to make consumers want new BB10 phones, BlackBerry decides to sue a third party keypad manufacturer.

Hey John Chen, you can do better than this. Where are your plans to engage enterprises, SME's and (pro) consumers?
    02-06-14 10:43 PM
    BlackBerry should just buy Typo. Simple and straight forward. Problem solved
    I don't think that is the solution at all. In fact I think that will only encourage further patent infringement in the future. If a small company thinks they can get bought out by the patent holder then everyone will be doing it hoping to get bought. Quick way to make money.]

The other issue with BlackBerry buying out Typo would be the price. What would the selling price be? What is their value? If BlackBerry does own the patent and Typo can't sell the keyboards without paying a royalty to BlackBerry then the company really doesn't have too much value. Most of it's value belongs to BlackBerry anyway.
    02-06-14 10:49 PM
    How the mighty have fallen... instead of figuring out how to make consumers want new BB10 phones, BlackBerry decides to sue a third party keypad manufacturer.

Hey John Chen, you can do better than this. Where are your plans to engage enterprises, SME's and (pro) consumers?
    Most ridiculous comment of the day

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:02 PM
    They've been offensive alright..
    But just as a back up plan, they've opened up a shop selling other TYPO products in Kuala Lumpur.

Attachment 245541

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    what other typo products? i see what seems to be candles... and maybe lotions or shampoo? what's going on in that store?
    02-06-14 11:51 PM
    I don't know if that shop has anything to do with the keyboard manufacturer. It just looks like a stationary store, Paperchase or something lol

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-07-14 03:13 AM
    I don't think it is a matter that "blackberry isn't liked in America" or whatever.

It's more to do with the fact that the IP system, and patents included, needs an overhaul. Just look at King Software and the whole "saga" debacle. Only in a broken system would that ever hold water. Good grief. Hope BB knocks this one out of the field!

Sent from Tapatalk
    I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding this, but it was stated in the list of requirements for BlackBerry's success that public interest was a factor in the decision, among other things like if the damage outweighs this or that or whatever.

In that case, BlackBerry will have to fight really fiercely, since they already have this disadvantage. It's pretty hard to admit, but Typo also seems to have a very strong, valid argument as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:01 AM
    what other typo products? i see what seems to be candles... and maybe lotions or shampoo? what's going on in that store?
    LOL.. basic amenities products.. not much of stationary products.. lol..
    Remind me of another picture I found of a shop while driving around KL. The name of the shop is BlackApple.. I was LOL at the shop

It's funny when u looked around and amazed at how creativity people can be with shop names..

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    extisis likes this.
    02-07-14 06:50 AM
    Hey... any press is good press!
    02-07-14 08:10 AM
    Typo really makes money till they want to keep its product on sale...
    02-07-14 08:22 AM
    Typo Products, the start-up being sued by BlackBerry over an iPhone keyboard add-on, has come out swinging against a demand that its product be taken off sale in the U.S.

The company, which has garnered attention in part because it’s backed by TV and radio personality Ryan Seacrest, submitted a 26-page argument to a California court late Wednesday against BlackBerry’s demand for a preliminary injunction preventing sales of its keyboard.

BlackBerry’s request, made in January when it launched its lawsuit, is a common one in such cases.

For it to succeed, BlackBerry has to convince the court that a number of conditions have been met: that it would probably win the case, that it would suffer “irreparable injury,” that such injury would outweigh the damage to Typo from the injunction, and that it would be in the public interest.

Typo, not surprisingly, argued in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California that BlackBerry’s complaint doesn’t satisfy any of those conditions.

The company said BlackBerry’s patent claims are invalid, that it won’t suffer serious harm because its products aren’t selling that well anyway, and that it has focused on the enterprise market while Typo is targeting consumers.

“BlackBerry seeks a monopoly on keyboards for any device. Regretfully, however, small keyboards with nearly identical layouts as the one ‘claimed’ by BlackBerry have been around since the mid-1980s,” Typo said in its filing.

BlackBerry’s original complaint didn’t dispute the ability of competitors to make products with keyboards but rather the numerous similarities it alleged there are between the “iconic design” of its keyboard and the Typo keyboard.

“No one looking to buy a BlackBerry phone, because of an alleged ‘resemblance,’ would buy a case with a physical keyboard instead. Typo keyboards are sold on Typo’s website, cost $99.00, and are for people who already own an iPhone. BlackBerry phones are sold on its own website, cost $549.00, and require activation from a cell phone carrier. No consumer will be confused,” said Typo.

The filing also revealed a little about Typo’s current business.

It said it had invested US$1.4 million in the development of the keyboard and had so far sold 4,000 of the devices. Its maximum monthly production is currently at 10,000 keyboards.

BlackBerry could not immediately be reached for comment.

BY PCWORLD
    Is the underlined, bolded text reflective of Typo's actual arguments?

Im not a lawyer, but those are some damn weak arguments... As if it matters that 'blackberry isnt selling many phones anyways'

thats like saying ' so what if I stole bobs wallet, there was hardly any money in there..' lol...
    02-07-14 10:19 AM

Are you serious?

You think that the way for BlackBerry to make a comeback is to allow other companies to steal the patents that BlackBerry spent millions in R&D to come up with?

Good thing you aren't in charge and John Chen is.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-07-14 10:50 AM
    Can I remind everyone that BB lost the suit against Kik, which strategically was a major loss to defend BBM and probably worth billions.

Minimal confidence on their legal team.

BlackBerry and Kik settle instant messaging spat | Financial Post
    02-07-14 12:34 PM
    Can I remind everyone that BB lost the suit against Kik, which strategically was a major loss to defend BBM and probably worth billions.

Minimal confidence on their legal team.

BlackBerry and Kik settle instant messaging spat | Financial Post
    Winning in a patent case seems like an uphill battle, especially in the US and against an American company. Doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a good legal team.

I actually agree with you that they're going to have a hard time winning this one. And I fully believe that Typo did outright copy the BlackBerry keyboard.

Regardless of whether they win or lose I think it's good that they come out defending their product and demonstrating that they still have some fight left in them.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-07-14 12:57 PM

Ever get tired of publicly complaining about blackberry on crackberry? or is this your form of entertainment?

And soon, even BlackBerry will no longer exist...
    Mobile computing? Mobile computing!? BlackBerry doesn't have a clue what computing is, let alone what the mobile part means.
    I don't understand how a company can be so clueless with how it treats its customers.
    CerveloJohn and Karan Mohal like this.
    02-07-14 01:00 PM
    Am I the only who thinks that blackberry messed up big on this one?
    I mean they're over there acting completely butthurt over this. Just imagine.
    If blackberry had released a BB branded keyboard of this type with universal compatibility for android, iphone and windows phone devices. All under the slogan "bringing the blackberry experience to your device."
    This would've potentially make people curious once again about blackberry and would've presented a wonderful opportunity to bring back thousands of costumers.
    Simply because this type of keyboard is bound to become retro and maybe even experience a revival as people ultimately grow tired of the sometimes annoying limitations of a touch screen only device and as prosumers become nostalgic at the unrivaled precision of a qwerty keyboard.
    I think blackberry just realized that they missed the train big time on this one just saying.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-07-14 01:17 PM
114 12345