Lol

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    02-06-14 10:46 AM
    You can't satisfy "irreparable harm" by saying they don't sell so ot won't hurt them, I wonder if they are using Ryans lawyer on this lol.

Should be interesting to see how this unfolds. But when they claim BlackBerry is trying to have a monopoly on keyboards, isn't that what the definition of a patent is? Didn't apple just claim a monopoly on phones with rounded corners or something like that?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:51 AM
    Those conditions don't affect the court case. Those are the conditions that must be met for the courts to order Typo from selling prior to the actual trial.
    The conditions required that were mentioned above are just to get a preliminary injunction, meaning to stop sales of the typo case before the court case is concluded. This case could go on for a year and that means if they don't get the injunction, typo can sell they keyboards while things are not settled. The actual conditions for the patent infringement are different.

But should they be granted a preliminary injunction, which is normally not an easy thing to get, it will be a strong indicator that BlackBerry has a good chance at winning the case, and even if they don't get the injunction, it still doesn't mean they will lose the patent infringement case; there are plenty of cases that don't get injunctions, but still win the case in the end. And then you just calculate in all the sales made to date into the damages calculation.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 10:56 AM
    You can't satisfy "irreparable harm" by saying they don't sell so ot won't hurt them, I wonder if they are using Ryans lawyer on this lol.

Should be interesting to see how this unfolds. But when they claim BlackBerry is trying to have a monopoly on keyboards, isn't that what the definition of a patent is? Didn't apple just claim a monopoly on phones with rounded corners or something like that?

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure design patents are different. I remember when Apple was awarded this patent and a bunch of blogs did editorials about it and said that if this was ever brought up in court it would be pretty easy to dismiss. I don't think design patents are as enforceable, but it may be the other way around.

Since Apple won that patent, look how many touch devices launched as a rectangle with rounded corners. Over 90% of them. I haven't heard of any new lawsuits from Apple going after them. Unless it is because all of them have prior art.
    02-06-14 11:00 AM
    The court should just throw out this entire case because all documents from both parties contain way to many Typo's.
    It's typos not typo's.
    02-06-14 11:25 AM
    Personally, I don't see that "rounded edge", "slide to unlock", "touch to do this or that", are infringements. Seriously how else are you gonna do things on a touch screen device other than touch and slide? Samsung has Android with keyboard and that's fine in my opinion. But Typo keyboard definitely is an infringement for me. The shape, the curve, the ergonomic design, the characters are blatant copycat.

However, even IF BlackBerry wins in USA, I'm sure Typo can still freely sells in Asia because nobody cares about patent thingy.. And when Typo starts to sell, copycat Chinese goods with much lower price will storm their market lol... seriously Typo, $1.4m in development? lol
    02-06-14 11:37 AM
    Not watching Idol anymore.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    Didn't think anyone did anymore.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-06-14 11:51 AM
    "The QWERTY design is based on a layout created for the Sholes and Glidden typewriter and sold to Remington in 1873."

These guys should be sueing everyone from Microsoft to Apple to Blackberry to Google.
    02-06-14 12:05 PM
    Personally, I don't see that "rounded edge", "slide to unlock", "touch to do this or that", are infringements. Seriously how else are you gonna do things on a touch screen device other than touch and slide? Samsung has Android with keyboard and that's fine in my opinion. But Typo keyboard definitely is an infringement for me. The shape, the curve, the ergonomic design, the characters are blatant copycat.

However, even IF BlackBerry wins in USA, I'm sure Typo can still freely sells in Asia because nobody cares about patent thingy.. And when Typo starts to sell, copycat Chinese goods with much lower price will storm their market lol... seriously Typo, $1.4m in development? lol
    Apple is only a mobile market leader in USA and Canada, losing USA market basically kills the product.
    02-06-14 12:13 PM
    Apple is only a mobile market leader in USA and Canada, losing USA market basically kills the product.
    Regardless, apple still has a big market share in rest of the world. I don't think many iphone users would want Typo because it ruins the aesthetic and many iphone users care about appearance. But in case if it sells, it'll get swarmed by cheap Chinese knockoffs because it's something that can be easily replicated.
    02-06-14 12:26 PM
    BlackBerry should just buy Typo. Simple and straight forward. Problem solved
    It not a simple as you make it sound. To buy a company, the company that you are trying to buy has to want to be bought out. Who says Typo want to sell out to Blackberry?
    02-06-14 12:31 PM
    I read a reader's comment from another article in another publication a while back that said in part branding the keyboard "typo" is like branding a condom "rupture". Best comment I've read in ages.
    CollBERRY likes this.
    02-06-14 12:33 PM
    It not a simple as you make it sound. To buy a company, the company that you are trying to buy has to want to be bought out. Who says Typo want to sell out to Blackberry?
    In some circumstances, if a company which is a huge company can buy out a smaller company, if the bigger company puts in an offer than satisfies all shareholders. Then they are obliged to sell even if they didn't want to. (whether this is true or not, it was on TV lol) it's apparently called a bear hug!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:38 PM
    I read a reader's comment from another article in another publication a while back that said in part branding the keyboard "typo" is like branding a condom "rupture". Best comment I've read in ages.
    "Typo" is a great name. I'll bet if anyone on Crackberry ever buys an iPhone in the future and they go to Amazon to look for a keyboard case, they won't have any problem remembering which one is the most popular iPhone keyboard case.
    xtremez likes this.
    02-06-14 12:39 PM
    I don't care about this product really. It got 3 of 10 points in The Verge review, which is like the worst reviewed product ever. It's so bad that it's actually useless.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-06-14 12:43 PM
    Typo kb are weak quality. Aftermarket accessories at best. This is what harms BlackBerry: let people believe this is anywhere close to a BlackBerry keyboard. Not only should BlackBerry claim for patent/IP infringement but also absolutely refuse to license anything. Nuts to gain, more to lose.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-07-14 at 02:27 AM.
    greenberry666 and rizdragon like this.
    02-06-14 12:44 PM
    That keyboard is undoubtedly a rip-off of the blackberry one. Although if I owned an iPhone I'd buy one ASAP, I have a nexus and if they brought one out for N5 I'd want it.
    02-06-14 12:45 PM
    iam not sure blackberry win in UK.. UK suport ipone FOR typo
    02-06-14 01:19 PM
    In some circumstances, if a company which is a huge company can buy out a smaller company, if the bigger company puts in an offer than satisfies all shareholders. Then they are obliged to sell even if they didn't want to. (whether this is true or not, it was on TV lol) it's apparently called a bear hug!

Posted via CB10
    Typo is a privetly held company, those circumstances do not apply here.
    02-06-14 01:31 PM
    This case is so dumb Typo clearly ripped off BlackBerry's keyboard and now they're going to court to try and defend their thievery? PATHETIC! Can't wait till BlackBerry wins, Typo is going to pay Seacrest out!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 01:39 PM
    Im going to make a keyboard that looks nothing like BB's but Im going to name it TIEPHO. Lets see how seacrust likes that.
    Tiepho by Seecrust. Here is an early rendering (snicker) its a ps3 keypad and a case.
    Typo goes on offensive against BlackBerry-img_20140206_163050_hdr.jpg

It works via bluetooth and very well at that. It wont cover the screen but ur iphones will never ever fit in a pocket again.
    02-06-14 01:55 PM
    So I made a Typo myself? Better hope BlackBerry does not sue me as well.
    It's typos not typo's.
    And now that we are on the right track, what about just patenting and licensing typos in general, BlackBerry could make billions off of the competition. Money for each typo made, the NSA can easily provide that data.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-06-14 01:58 PM
    02-06-14 02:07 PM
    there were no cell phones in the 80's. this new claim by them is a farce. I was one of the first to use a cell phone. It was in Basil Dobbin's car, Co-owner of Canadian Helicopters. I hung out with his son and he had the very first mobile and it was a rotary dial phone that was hooked up n his car... Seacrust is worried now because he's grasping at straws. False claims.
    02-06-14 02:13 PM
    here's a pic of phones from the 80's and their progression. nothing that looks like BBRY's. suck it up seacrust.
    Typo goes on offensive against BlackBerry-400px-mobile_phone_evolution.jpg
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-06-14 02:17 PM
114 1234 ...