08-02-14 05:09 AM
    Interesting that they will launch it in September... for the coming of the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 05:17 AM
    Interesting that they will launch it in September... for the coming of the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    Wow. I thought they went out of business after the lawsuit.
    08-03-14 06:42 AM
    They were only prohibited to sell the keyboard in the United States. They made the typo 2 keyboard less like a QWERTY BlackBerry one to avoid any lawsuits.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:06 AM
    They are missing some listings on their as seen on list, the most glaring one is the people's court for being sued for copyright!!!!!!

Lol it looks stupid!
    08-03-14 09:13 AM
    They made the keyboard look like that of previous older generation blackberry smartphones, as pointed out by a few on crackberry's blog entry on that "new" typo 2.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-03-14 12:41 PM
    It amazes the community's obsession over the Typo. It's not that great of a contraption that the overwhelming majority of consumers would use on their iPhones.
    08-03-14 12:55 PM
    Just cover the top of the phone only exposing the keyboard like Kevin did. Go out in public and ask people what type of phone it is. Open and shut case.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 01:29 PM
    Just cover the top of the phone only exposing the keyboard like Kevin did. Go out in public and ask people what type of phone it is. Open and shut case.

Posted via CB10
    No. People identify it as a blackberry not because it resembles their "iconic" keyboard, but because there's a keyboard at all.

That's why the whole premise behind that video was stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    techvisor likes this.
    08-03-14 02:47 PM
    No. People identify it as a blackberry not because it resembles their "iconic" keyboard, but because there's a keyboard at all.

That's why the whole premise behind that video was stupid.

If people mistake it for a BlackBerry for whatever reason, they have a case against

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 03:01 PM
    If people mistake it for a BlackBerry for whatever reason, they have a case against

Posted via CB10
    No, actually that isn't the case at all. It isn't to look significantly like a BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    08-04-14 07:56 AM
    Look, Typo is a knee jerk reaction to the pathetic Apple keyboard. Maybe it was OK 5 years ago but today it is emblematic of Apple's inability to Innovate.

I have wondered why Apple has consistently failed to address such a systematic weakness. In the end, I think it comes down to the view that they can't because of the macro kernel design of their OS. When you start playing around with something like this, you never really know what happens to the rest of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 likes this.
    08-04-14 09:26 AM
    This typo thing has revived a question in my mind, which is why hasn't BlackBerry developed a snap-on keyboard? Seems like such a no brainer to me. At the very least they could make it for BB all touch devices such as Z10 and Z30. Perhaps they could offer it with ruggedized case or supplemental battery.

Then again, perhaps Typo would sue BB?
    08-04-14 10:30 AM
    Look, Typo is a knee jerk reaction to the pathetic Apple keyboard. Maybe it was OK 5 years ago but today it is emblematic of Apple's inability to Innovate.
    You mean the pathetic Apple keyboard that destroyed BlackBerry?

08-04-14 01:08 PM
    You mean the pathetic Apple keyboard that destroyed BlackBerry?

Sure, let's see where Apple goes from here. I'll bet a months salary that it's downhill from here.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 01:34 PM
    Sure, let's see where Apple goes from here. I'll bet a months salary that it's downhill from here.

Posted via CB10
    Possibly, but I wouldn't bet too much more than the one month's wages. People have been predicting Apple's descent for a long, long time.
    08-04-14 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should make it downhill from Iphone 7 Iphone 6 will break all records as Iphone fans will finally have a choice in phone screen size.
    08-04-14 04:03 PM

I have wondered why Apple has consistently failed to address such a systematic weakness. In the end, I think it comes down to the view that they can't because of the macro kernel design of their OS. When you start playing around with something like this, you never really know what happens to the rest of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Well third-party keyboards are allowed in iOS 8. And it took so long because Apple was addressing the security concerns re: key loggers and the like.

So, we'll see. 😉

08-04-14 04:59 PM
    Don't you think it's a clearely contempt from Apple to BlackBerry saying "you see? Even your wonderfull keyboard you're so proud of, we are able to make it, so what's left to you in the end?"

It taste like a bad prank from Apple to launch it in the same time than the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 12:50 AM
    Don't you think it's a clearely contempt from Apple to BlackBerry saying "you see? Even your wonderfull keyboard you're so proud of, we are able to make it, so what's left to you in the end?"

It taste like a bad prank from Apple to launch it in the same time than the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    From Apple?
    08-05-14 08:47 AM
    Typo is working for Apple aren't they?
    Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 01:52 PM
    Typo is working for Apple aren't they?
    Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    No. Third party entity.
    08-05-14 02:24 PM
    No. Third party entity.
    Correct. They have nothing to do with Apple.

08-05-14 03:16 PM
    I haven't seen a Typo yet on an Iphone but if I do I'll be sure to ask the person why? Imagine the Iphone6 w Typo.
    08-05-14 03:21 PM
    Correct. They have nothing to do with Apple. Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Ryan seacrest and his team started that and got nailed by blackberry. Bet they'll get nailed again soon. Looool. Nope, apple didn't make that keyboard, ryan did. In his sea of fun.
    08-05-14 04:14 PM
26 12