When typing a text, how do I get my BB curve 8830 to auto complete the word once I start typing it? Mine makes no suggestions and I cant find out where to change it.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    08-06-09 06:19 PM
    I'm not entirely sure how to get suggestions automatically, but while you're typing a word, hit the BB Button and there should be an option to "Get Suggestions". You may also want to check out the Options when your Messages window is open. I couldn't find that option for automatic suggestions in the Bold, but there may be something in the Curve.
    08-06-09 06:30 PM
    There's no predictive text on the 8330 if that's what you are asking.

You can, however, set up AutoText entries for words that you commonly use.
    08-06-09 10:02 PM
    I tried a blackberry about a year ago. When I would type on it, it would auto suggest once I started typing the word. It was from Alltel and I think an 8830? Does anyone know of a download or anyway to get it to do it? Is it called itap or something?
    08-09-09 07:51 AM
    It is called SureType and is only supported on the Pearl (81xx) and Storm in portrait mode.
    08-09-09 08:52 AM
    not sure why you would want predictive text on a qwerty enabled phone? it is a feature to ease the effects of having a crippled keyboard on your device. it works great for smaller keyboards that are not qwerty, but if you give your device enough time you'll find you can type MUCH faster with two thumbs on a qwerty keyboard than anyone else could with pred. text.
    08-09-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD