Everyone is know aware about TCL giving up with BlackBerry smatphones... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to type on glass someday if I have to abandon my Key2, but we all know that typing on a PKB is not especially faster. But more comfortable and accurate.

I would like to challenge you with this little game. Would you post your result ?
    (I did 3 tests before achieving that result)

https://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/?lang=fr
    Attached Thumbnails Typing Speed testing.-61854.jpg  
    02-06-20 09:45 AM
    Just tried but the problem with that typing test is that it makes my caps lock enable every time I hit the spacebar after having typed a word, therefore all words are inaccurate lol
    02-06-20 09:48 AM
    I'm having trouble getting above 60wpm with a set of random words.

It's a lot easier when you already know what you want to write.
    02-06-20 10:29 AM
    I'm having trouble getting above 60wpm with a set of random words.

It's a lot easier when you already know what you want to write.
    😅 Definitively. And in the native langage as well !
    02-06-20 10:43 AM
    Just tried but the problem with that typing test is that it makes my caps lock enable every time I hit the spacebar after having typed a word, therefore all words are inaccurate lol
    Weird behavior. Device is configured like that or you have a malfunctioning spacebar ?
    02-06-20 10:44 AM
    Weird behavior. Device is configured like that or you have a malfunctioning spacebar ?
    Lol no I don't have a malfunctioning spacebar (I'd go insane) but it's just a software thing with that website
    02-06-20 10:45 AM
    Lol no I don't have a malfunctioning spacebar (I'd go insane) but it's just a software thing with that website
    Our KEY²s seem unaffected. Strange.
    02-06-20 10:53 AM
    Our KEY²s seem unaffected. Strange.
    I'm on an LE
    02-06-20 11:18 AM
    I'm on an LE
    Same software.
    02-06-20 11:25 AM
    No joy on this 9900. is this test supposed to work with BBOS? Over Opera Mini??

"Thought to thumb" employs somewhat different cranial pathways than "sight to thumb". My company does a LOT of sight to thumb data entry, for example. Sight to thumb proves MUCH easier when eyes can stay focused on subject matter... Which means learning to master type by feel... Also easier to keep place. Looking away from subject material to look down at a keyboard demands re-acquiring place in text. That takes time and risks errors while contributing distraction.

Thought to thumb is generally more friendly for those who look at their KBs while typing. In my experience, at least.

My old highschool typing teach taught us to train muscle memory to think and type in terms of character combinations. Then words. That eventually evolved into phrases. Then even sentences.

My fastest burst rate is achieved typing well trained phrases, thought to thumb. Thanks to years of one off nomenclature and acronyms, I'm personally WELL practiced at random characters but this test isn't really compatible with most user's fastest mode. Imo. Fwiw.

Not really sure how to configure a workable "thought to thumb" typing test...??
    02-06-20 03:38 PM