When beginning an SMS message with the word Hey, most of the time my Blackberry will put a period after hey when i try to make a space, and when i go back and change it, it will freeze up and say the typing system has to restart. it does, and i have the same problem.

Also, since this problem started, whenever i push the combination of keys to make hey (the same keys also make get) no matter how many times i change it it will ALWAYS default to 'Hey' with a capitol H. NEVER anything else! it's UNBELIEVABLY annoying, and i haven't been about to find anyone else on here with this problem.

Any ideas??
    10-24-08 11:09 PM
    Have you done a battery pull since the problem started? That will often clear up keyboard issues. Make a backup first, then remove the battery with the phone on, leave the battery out a few seconds, and put it back. When the phone reboots, the keyboard problem should be gone.
    10-24-08 11:12 PM
    I think i've done an actual battery pull yes, but i know i've done probably a hundred "softreset's" (which as far as i know is the same thing) since the start of this problem. do i need to pull the battery physically? or can it be done in the dictionary settings or something?
    10-24-08 11:42 PM
    Pull the battery. Good idea to do every now and the anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:02 AM
    Hey try a battery pull

10-25-08 12:07 AM
    Yeah, I pull my battery a couple times a week... various reasons, ie. after uninstalling a program, when the "new message" icon won't disappear, when I try doing too many conflicting things at once and get Hourglass Syndrome... etc. It always seems to heal what ails my BB. And no, it's not the same as a soft reset. Good Luck!
    10-25-08 12:16 AM
    Mine always defaults to get.

10-25-08 12:35 AM
    +1 for get.

10-25-08 12:59 AM
    I suggest d/ling the OS to your PC, backup your data, and then using JL_CMDER.
    10-25-08 03:04 AM
    it's also possible that somehow "Hey." was added to your auto text to replace "hey" check in there I've seen stranger things

10-25-08 03:08 AM
    i had similar problems with the pearl, sure type learns what you type...if you really start lots of texts with "Hey" then everytime you type those keys, it thinks your typing "hey" because you do it so much.
    Last edited by berry me with it; 10-25-08 at 02:41 PM.
    10-25-08 09:04 AM
    i had similar problems with the pearl, sure type learns what you type...if you really start lots of texts with "Hey" then everytime you type those keys, it thinks your typing "ehy" because you do it so much.
    That makes no sense unless you are actually hitting the keys ER, GH, then TY. If you hit the keys in the correct order there is no way SureType would guess a word that needs a different order of keypresses.

10-25-08 02:30 PM
    That makes no sense unless you are actually hitting the keys ER, GH, then TY. If you hit the keys in the correct order there is no way SureType would guess a word that needs a different order of keypresses.

I meant to type "hey"
    10-25-08 02:43 PM
    Oh I see.

10-25-08 03:30 PM
    I had a problem like this too, I went to Options, Autotext, and pressed those letters and then put in what I wanted it to do when I typed those letters and presto....problem gone!
    10-25-08 03:32 PM
    That's what i wound up doing myself, and it's solved it for me well enough. Thanks!
    10-26-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD